“The Best Find of all B&B's”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Walton Beach
Aunt Martha's Bed & Breakfast
wellington, fl
“The Best Find of all B&B's”
Reviewed June 5, 2008

What the reviewer below said is a complete and accurate summary of this outstanding B&B (& I have experienced many from coast to coast!)...

We booked here after reading this 1 review & after my partner visited the site while seeing his daughter, son-in-law & granddaughter in April. He said I'd probably like the property...well, I LOVED IT!!

He met one of the guests after bkfst 1 morning & the guy couldn't stop raving abt. it...I thought, well, we'll see...he was RIGHT!

I only wish we could have stayed longer than the 2 nites. The owners were friendly; but, not too chatty (the folks during 1 bkfst thought that was off-putting; but, I don't...they were much younger than us & I thought that was strange they wanted that much interaction)...the owners were hosting a b-day party for one of their many grandchildren, so they were occupied with that too. Still, we found the hospitality congenial and very polite southern! I remarked to my partner that after meeting the owners, sharing the table with nice southerners (younger than we, I might add) and a nice lady from TX, I felt back in the lap of civility!!

We brought the granddaughter (celebrating her 1st b-day!), other grandparents & parents over for a little wine on the massive veranda and a walk on the beach...yes, there actually is a small one...big enuf to leave those memorable 1st footprints! We didn't intrude on the owner's family and we felt very comfortable...I personally can't wait until I visit again and the house in Ft. WB is full and we "have" to stay at this B&B...it gave us some alone time as well...thank you Martha & Bill!!

• Liked — Fantastic secluded location; breakfast!
  • Disliked — couple towels had a musty smell; we just traded them out in the laundry room
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank gypsybaker

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Marietta, GA
Reviewed July 9, 2007

There are interesting locations under the category of B&B, but Aunt Martha's is the only bed and breakfast in Ft Walton Beach. We have stayed twice and enjoyed both visits thoroughly. Wonderfully built amongst 300 year old oak trees, it is a peaceful and relaxing getaway, despite being 150 feet from Hwy 98. Each room is beautifully decorated and the entire facility is at your beck and call - sitting rooms, plenty of books, TV's and videos if the weather doesn't cooperate.

First off - if you want a place where you can open the door and walk out onto the beach, this is not it. The B&B is located on the inland waterway, where you can swim and enjoy water recreation, but it is about a mile drive to the beach on the Gulf. This is the only downside to staying here for avid beach enthusiasts. We didn't mind the short drive because the traffic conditions have not degenerated to the level it is in Destin or Panama City Beach. Plus, the location is within walking distance of a dozen restaurants, including Staffs, Sealand Steak and Seafood, Magnolia Grill and Brooks Bridge Bar-B-Q, just to name a few.

Second - there is one price, all year around, for each room. No seasonal adjustments or rate changes, and they stay busy all year around (if they ever fix their website they will be swamped!). All rooms have their own bathrooms, the rooms on the third floor have shower only while the second floor rooms have a bathtub as well.

Third - the breakfast! Coffee is ready at 7:15 and breakfast is served at 9 (10 on Sundays - that extra hour wait is excruciating!). Bacon, eggs, grits, French toast, fresh fruit, cobbler, juice and coffee - served on a different china pattern each day. We eat so much that quite often we can go without lunch. That, along with the room rates, beats just about any price for a beachfront hotel.

Aunt Martha's is a great and relaxing place to stay. We have met some wonderful guests at the breakfast table, and have enjoyed the laid back atmosphere. This is definitely a place to consider for a beach getaway and should be included in TripAdvisor's B&B category.

8 Thank Phffbbt