“Bring an appetite”
Review of Old Bay Steamer

Old Bay Steamer
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Atlanta, Georgia
“Bring an appetite”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I went hungry and I left stuffed. My son and I both got a snow crab and shrimp steamer. It is a lot of food.
Our server Courtney was very personable and all the staff was extremely friendly.
The wait time was minimal. The only downside to this place is the parking.

Visited July 2014

Elizabethtown, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oh So DELISH!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Visited this place during the week of Fourth of July. Somewhat of a wait, but the food was so yummy. So definitely worth the 20 minutes. Very relaxed atmosphere. I ordered the Shrimp and Crab legs and was not disappointed. There is a menu item for those who may be tagging along in your party who may not eat seafood; Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken. Overall, worth the money. Only complaint, and it seems to be stated in other reviews, was the parking. HORRIBLE parking. We parked 3 establishments down and walked.

Gainesville, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love This Place”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

A friend of ours has a condo in Fort Walton. We travel to the area at least twice per year. We always make sure to visit Old Bay Steamer. One trip, we went two nights in a row :). The waitstaff and bartenders are friendly and provide excellent service. The steamed crab claws are my favorite. This restaurant is a nice change from the typical beach restaurant.

Viera, Florida
“Hidden in the middle of a seedy area, this place is worth the trip.”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

There's an old and non-descript warehouse building next to the fire house just over the bridge from Fort Walton. Behind it, you'll find a couple bars and an adult club. But nestled right in front is Old Bay Steamers. To be brief, the only reason I knocked a star off is because their parking is terrible, but this seems to be an issue all over the Destin area. The fire house has several empty spots marked FIRE HOUSE ONLY, and the business behind it has a parking attitude problem too.

Of course, we went on July 4th, which is probably one of the most popular days of the year. But the wait wasn't bad. There are two floors to this restaurant, so there's plenty of space. After chatting with a very friendly hostess, we snuck upstairs and hung out at the bar with the jolliest and most energetic bartender I've met in years. I used to manage a pretty large bar, so I know what's what. Some in our party were inexperienced drinkers, and this bartender was an encyclopedia of drinks. The other dad in our party settled for a blue thing with about four well liquors a pretty nasty name I've never heard. It was a huge hit. The bartender was fun to watch.

The menu is largely seafood, which was to be expected. But there are a few nice choices including ribs, fettucine alfredo, and filet mignon for the land lubbers. I went for the snow crab dinner for about $30. It didn't disappoint. The crab was fresh, and there was no chlorine taste here like I experienced at Pompano Joe's. The waiter was low key and accommodating.

Prices were fair, not too expensive. And everyone loved their food. Oysters were great, and the blackened snapper even pleased a non-seafood person. The salad dressing here is a huge hit -- we bought a case to go.

If Old Bay can figure out their parking problem on busy nights, this is a can't miss five star restaurant. We'll be back.

1 Thank Miso_N_Grey
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“July 3”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

This place is well worth the money and the food taste fresh!! We got crab legs and shrimp for one and me and my girlfriend split it. It was delicious and a perfect fit for us. This place is what I was looking for down here!

1 Thank Brandon38801