“My Favorite place for seafood”
Review of Old Bay Steamer

Old Bay Steamer
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Awesome as Usual. Got the Strip and royal red shrimp. Amazing!
A little pricey, but well worth it. Only second to Mcguire's as far as quality of food.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We walked over to Old Bay Steamer on the recommendation of the hotel we were staying at. We were surprised that there is no safe crosswalk to get to the restaurant. The nearest stoplight has no crosswalk that we could see to get across the busy intersection. We walked a little further down where there is a traffic sign that says something to the effect of "watch out for heavy pedestrian traffic" but still no crosswalk.

Unlike many of the restaurants in the area there is no "view". The décor is rustic "hippie". I was a bit confused by some of the décor that reflected a "rage" anti-racism social inequity theme. I wasn't sure why a restaurant is making a social statement. To each their own but I go to a restaurant to be comfortable and relaxed not solve world issues. I have plenty of other venues in my life to push for a better world.

That said, the wait staff was outstanding, friendly, and helpful. I had the Little Steamer with mussels, clams, oysters, crab, shrimp, red potatoes, and corn. The food was all fresh and absolute heaven. If I am ever visiting the area again I will definitely be back.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We visited while on our honeymoon! We got the Steamer for 2 with shrimp & crab it was more like for 3 so much food we couldn't finish it all! Yummy crab legs & HUGE red shrimp! Service was fast & friendly only down side not a lot of parking :( otherwise its amazing!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The food was absolutely great! The price was a little high but you get what you pay for. We had more than enough to eat and the quality of the food was definitely worth going back. I was not happy about the hostess. I asked about the second floor and she advised that it was for large parties. A party of two came behind my husband and myself, and was escorted upstairs. When she realized I was watching she advised they had a second table for two if I wanted it- while I was being shown to my table! Not very good.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

My husband and I ate at Old Bay based on some recommendations and the fact that it was within walking distance to our hotel. It was in general a pretty good experience but there were things that I thought could've been better.

First off, the hostess wasn't super friendly and then acted like she might not have a place to seat us since we didn't have a reservation. There were a ton of open tables in the main dining area but she went so far as to see what was upstairs until another hostess person told her to seat us in the dining room. This was after we had stood there for several minutes with no one else waiting.

Then we were seated and our waitress was very nice. She was new so wasn't as good of a reference when it came to recommendations, etc. We ordered drinks and the smoked tuna appetizer, which I had seen on other menus and wanted to try. I didn't expect it to be cold for some reason but it was and it was ok. It was basically cold tuna salad served with tortilla chips or crackers and hot sauce. My husband ordered the grilled shrimp and pineapple skewers and said they were really good. I ordered the crab steamer and I didn't like it near as well as crab I've had in other places. I thought it was a little overcooked and it had WAY too much Old Bay Seasoning on it for my taste. I thought it took away from the taste of the crab and made everything too salty. It was a ton of food though, I can't complain about the amount of crab I received. They were good sized legs and claws.

The ambiance of the place was sort of casual. I thought some of the wait staff looked a little too casual but they were nice. Would I go back again? Probably not. I felt like I spent a lot of money for food that was just sort of average.

1  Thank kaliyat