“Old Bay Steamers-Great Food”
Review of Old Bay Steamer

Old Bay Steamer
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This place was excellent! This was #2 best restaurant in Fort Walton according to trip advisor...I wish I brought my camera with me on this but I didn't.

We ordered the a dozen steamed oysters onthe half shell covered with cheese and bacon...they were delicious. I'm not a big seaford person but these were great! We also had salad which was served with honey raspberry wine vinegarette. It was yummy.

My husband and father in law both ordered the little steamer...it came with huge royal red shrimp, about a pound of crab legs, boiled potatoes and corn on the cob. They loved it! This ran about $27.99 for this dish.

My mother in law ordered the BBQ ribs with vegetable medley and boiled potatoes. The ribs were so tender and falling off the bone. Wished I had ordered this instead of my dish. This was about $19.

I ordered the filet mignon with vegetable medley and boiled potatoes. This dish was $29. It was not bad but it wasn't great either. Like I mentioned previously, since i'm not a seafood person, I should have ordered the ribs.

The server was awesome! The atmosphere was good although it had a new orleans jazz/voodoo decor to it...which I thought some were neat but just my opinion (some of the wall art was a little creepy and the pen i signed my credit slip with was glittered out and at the top had a barbie doll head cut off and glued on top with an "x" over the eyes). Minor stuff, since service and food were excellent!

There are newer reviews for Old Bay Steamer

Reviewed October 4, 2012

After another family had raved on and on about this place, we decided to give it a try. With a group of 11 (including the family that 'loved' it) we had dinner. The salad was the best part of the meal. If you get the steamers for two, you're receiving whole potatoes, chewy, overlooked corn on the cob, shrimp, crab legs, and if you choose: lobster, oysters, mussels, or clams. The food is subpar at best. Lobster was chewy and overcooked. There was a gallon of seasoning dumped onto the seafood. Other than the shells of everything being seasoned, the meat was bland. Absolutely horrible waste of money. This place is was overpriced. I would have fathered Wendy's. the only reason my entire family could figure our friends like it was the quantity of food (huge portions), but not good.

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Excellent seafood but don't go unless you like steamed seafood ! My family and I shared the family platter and had enough left over to feed 3 more people! A little pricey but they are not selfish with there food. Excellent salads with there own homemade dressing. Will b returning when here again:)

Reviewed September 29, 2012

If you aren't a seafood fan I don't reccomend eating here. But if you are, make sure you get the king crab legs. They are sweet and succulent, the best I've ever had. The salad is very good too. The restaurant is usually crowded during tourist season, so you have a large group you will want to get there early.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We went here on our first night and had a great meal. The service and atmosphere was wonderful. My family and I enjoyed this restaurant so much we went back again on our last night of vacation. Delicious scallops, shrimps, oysters and yummy salad too. What we loved most was the large selection of non fried seafood. We prefer ours steamed, grilled or baked. We really enjoyed this place and will be back next year!

2  Thank Bugfrantz