“Still the Best Seafood on the Gulf!”
Review of Old Bay Steamer

Old Bay Steamer
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Always look forward to eating here and I am never disappointed with the huge portions and great tasting Seafood. Me and my wife went there Saturday. We only had to wait about 10 minutes for a table. We ordered the Basic steamer. Royal Red Shrimp Crab legs with potatoes and corn.
After waiting 45 minutes and watching people come in eat and leave, I was getting pissed.
I have been coming to this place for years and never had to wait this long. I know it was busy, but its always busy. I complained to the Hostess, She asked where I was sitting, I showed her right as the food came. I felt like a dummy then. The food was still great, but not one person apologized about the wait. That is the only reason I am not rating it as excellent.

There are newer reviews for Old Bay Steamer

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The grilled shrimp with pineapple was excellent but my husbands lobster was tough and over cooked. The server did not check back with us and never asked or checked to refill our beverages. We were there on a Sunday early evening and it was not extremely busy but it took quite a while to get service. It seems that when you tell your server that you were unhappy with the quality of the food that you would at least get an apology or something - but no - will not recommend to anyone.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Let me start by saying we ate here a couple years ago and had a really good experience. This trip did not turn out the same. We went on a Thursday night and after a call to see about call ahead seating or a reservation we were told "only for parties of 6 or more" followed by "we haven't been busy there should be no problem getting a table." When we arrived they were slammed and we were told it would be a 20 to 25 minute wait. We waited about 40-45 minuets for a table. They were very busy and to say they were short staffed would be a huge understatement. When we were finally seated it was in a booth with a huge rip in the seat. It was over 10 minutes before anyone came buy our table. When we finally got a server we ordered wine and a glass of water. 20 minuets later we had wine and a glass of water. We ordered dinner, which came with a salad and about 15 minuets passed before we saw our salad. I ordered the king crab steamer and when it finally came I had about 4 1/2 king crab legs 2 new potatoes the size of golf balls and what amounted to about 1/3 of a piece of corn on the cob all for the bargain price of $36. Our waiter tried so hard but he must have had 25 tables. When I asked to speak to the manager he came to our table and I started the conversation with "I am not asking for anything free, I just wanted to bring some things to your attention." He seemed bored the whole time he was at our table and could not seem to care any less. When our check did come he had taken the wine off but all in all this was a truly unpleasant experience.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

The Ole' Bay Steamer was, in my opinion, the best place for crab, but a couple of weeks ago I was very disappointed. I had the Snow Crab and my two friends shared the Lobster Steamer for two. Their steamer had only two lobster tails and the shrimp was obviously not fresh as it was difficult to peel and the texture soft (old). My snow crab was satisfactory, but the portion was not what it used to be and the size of the crab legs significantly smaller. Sadly, I won't be going back anytime soon if at all. I remember when they moved into their building and how happy TJ was when their business was growing.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

This restaurant has the best lobster I have had in years. Others with us get the buckets of seafood, and those are also wonderful. I had given up eating lobster, because at most places it isn't worth buying. The atmosphere is great! Old music legend pictures, crazy art on the walls, decent music, are just a part of it. It is a bit pricey, but it really is worth it. Warning, eating here is a messy undertaking! There is no dainty way to eat crab legs, red shrimp, corn on the cob, etc. There is one detractor. Parking is just about non-existent. It is easier to park in the public parking area and walk. You'll spend less time doing this than searching for a parking spot here. Don't let this stop you, though. You will obtain seafood nirvana when you get here!