We arrived to the Emerald Coast after 12 plus hours of driving with kids, to find out the confirmed room we reserved, was not the room they tried giving us. We reserved a room with two queen beds and they tried giving us a room with a king bed on the 6th floor. The motel's elevator was also not working. When we showed the confirmed printed reservations to the lady at the front desk, she became very rude! She told us we needed to wait for the 14 other reservations due in to see if their credit card would get denied so we could get their room. WHAT!!!! Needless to say, we did not stay there.
The place is a dump! The hotel is run down, dark, rusty, and musty. It is located on a very busy road/highway. You will have to drive, especially if you are with young children, to get to the beach.
There are much nicer places to stay in the Fort Walton/Destin area for the same money or much less. Stay away from this dump!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated! Emerald Coast Inn & Suites is located in beautiful Northwest Florida, on Okaloosa Island between Destin and Fort Walton Beach, Florida. Whether traveling for beach vacationing pleasure, business or military, Emerald Coast Inn & Suites is newly-remodeled in 2008 and offers comfortable and spacious rooms (6 floors, 59 rooms). Our rooms feature 1 king or 2 queen beds, direct dial phones, refrigerator & microwave, TV with remote control & HBO (we offer smoking or non-smoking rooms). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Emerald Coast Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Emerald Coast Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Emerald Coast Inn And Suites