“The place is a DUMP!”

Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
USA
“The place is a DUMP!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2007

We arrived to the Emerald Coast after 12 plus hours of driving with kids, to find out the confirmed room we reserved, was not the room they tried giving us. We reserved a room with two queen beds and they tried giving us a room with a king bed on the 6th floor. The motel's elevator was also not working. When we showed the confirmed printed reservations to the lady at the front desk, she became very rude! She told us we needed to wait for the 14 other reservations due in to see if their credit card would get denied so we could get their room. WHAT!!!! Needless to say, we did not stay there.

The place is a dump! The hotel is run down, dark, rusty, and musty. It is located on a very busy road/highway. You will have to drive, especially if you are with young children, to get to the beach.

There are much nicer places to stay in the Fort Walton/Destin area for the same money or much less. Stay away from this dump!

• Stayed July 2007
4 Thank busyjoyof3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
evergreen Al
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2007

I booked a room at this hotel from the feedback and a few pictures on the internet. The rate was aprox $40 less expensive than other hotels in the area when searching. I must admit i was skeptical but when i arrived at the hotel i was suprised the rooms were very clean it seemed like everything was new, and the staff was very pleasant and helpful....i highly recommend this hotel its close to the beach.

• Liked — cleanliness, and service
  • Disliked — hwy in front of hotel
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank bobdelux0830
St. Louis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2007

We stayed in a room that was on the top floor. We had no problems with the staff or other guests. We had a slight view of the Gulf and the Bay behind us. The only concerns that I had were minor--Not a very good Continetal Breakfast and to get to the beach, you have to cross a busy street. Overall, our room was very nice. I loved the King Size bed. I would recommend staying here.

Stayed June 2006
1 Thank Jessi_STL
central florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2007

This is a great hotel! I first wasn't sure of myself when I reserved the room cause of the price but after I got there I realized just how good of a deal I was getting! The rooms are nice, my room had a beautiful beach view. And after having a nice day at the beach I cooled myself off at the pool, and later got in the jacuzzi.

You cannot beat the price of this hotel anywhere.
Overall my stay was a A++

• Liked — the price of the hotel along with the location.
  • Disliked — no pets, I wish I could bring my dog
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank thebigunit239