Wow, after scanning these reviews, I feel as though I must have stayed at a different place from those who are giving this "hotel" 5 stars. First, let me say, I am not a hotel snob. My husband and I are in our mid-20's and have stayed at our fair share of Holiday Inn/middle-of-the-road places. This is my first time feeling strongly enough about a place to write a review. We stayed here 1 night for a friend's destination wedding, and I'm SO relieved we didn't have to stay any longer. This place was not nearly as nice as any average hotel. First, the hallways were open-air and were wet, dank and dingy. Upon entering the room, we were blasted with a suffocating cigarette smoke stench. The room was so incredibly humid that the floors were soaked through. I literally had to wear flip-flops to keep my feet from getting wet. After a few hours of being in the room, the clothes in my suitcase were wet from humidity. I'm from the south, so I definitely know when humidity is bad. And this was BAD. This room needed a dehumidifier in the worst way.
At night (until after 1AM), doors slammed constantly and it sounded like guys were shouting to each other from different floors.
We didn't come on this trip for the beach since we were only here 1 night, but as a frequent beach goer, I wouldn't say this hotel has the best location. It is across a very busy highway from the beach. It would be adequate for someone who expects to make a tromp to the beach and wants to be in walking distance. Personally, I think beach-front location is key to a great beach trip, so I'd advise spending the extra money and staying right on the sand. I would have been very disappointed in the location if we had come for a beach vacation.
There are 2 good things I will say about this place: 1-The rooms were adequately clean--no issues with sheets or bathroom. 2-The continental breakfast was decent and my husband said the coffee was good. But do you really go to the beach for good coffee?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated! Emerald Coast Inn & Suites is located in beautiful Northwest Florida, on Okaloosa Island between Destin and Fort Walton Beach, Florida. Whether traveling for beach vacationing pleasure, business or military, Emerald Coast Inn & Suites is newly-remodeled in 2008 and offers comfortable and spacious rooms (6 floors, 59 rooms). Our rooms feature 1 king or 2 queen beds, direct dial phones, refrigerator & microwave, TV with remote control & HBO (we offer smoking or non-smoking rooms). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Emerald Coast Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Emerald Coast Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Emerald Coast Inn And Suites