My boyfriend and I just recently drove from Houston, Texas to the beautiful Fort Walton. It was raining when we arrived, no big deal. Immediately from the start, the receptionist at the front desk was so nice. After making the reservation in May for this trip in August, I emailed the hotel to specifically ask for a higher floor (I hate being on the bottom floor) with a nice view. After checking in, we had a corner room on the top floor with a great view of the boardwalk! It was fantastic.
I was nervous to book my first trip by myself without a Hilton or Holiday Inn -- because they were so expensive. But seriously, this hotel was legit. I kept reading reviews from this site & other hotel review sites but I was just not totally on board. Yes, they did remodeling etc. etc... The lobby is really nice, huge TV with a nice little lounge area. The fish tank was beautiful, lots of colorful fish! The breakfast was pretty yummy. The little waffle machine was awesome & waffle batter was so good! They had cereal, bagels, sausage, biscuits and gravy... Can't remember if they had fruit but who cares when you have all that other yummy stuff?!
The rooms were pretty big. Ours was king size bed, non-smoking. The room did smell like smoke, but I totally understand the smoke smell is musty & hard to get rid of. Our bathroom was great, really clean and stocked up with plenty of towels and toiletries. We didn't wanna ask the house keeping to come in everyday - just caught up with her in the hall way and asked for cups and ice bucket liners, etc.
The location of the hotel is awesome. It's located on the Okaloosa Island, about 4 miles from Destin, walking distance from a few surf/souvenir shops, gas station & the wonderful Waffle House. We drove into Fort Walton a few times to look through the shops & eat and drove into Destin to eat, shop & ride a dolphin cruise. I didn't have to fill my tank up again and we were there for like 6 days. Also, the boardwalk was so fun. A few restaurants stay open until 4 (they turn into bars after 10 or 11) so we were able to walk along the beach at night. Also close to the fishing pier! It was $2 to walk on it per person, and they have drinks and stuff if you wanna walk around and chill out there. We did that at night, and it was kinda scary but so fun! I loved it. It's literally not even 3 minutes away from the hotel -- in a car.
Sorry for rambling on about the trip, BUT I would seriously recommend this hotel to anyone who is trying to save some money for awesome things to do, great dining experiences, & other expenses. I was able to comfortably extend my reservation a night because the rates are just hard to turn down! Everything was perfect, and I'm so glad I found this hotel. I hope this review is helpful in regards to your trip, but it's great.
Oh, and if you're going on a business meeting that is doing anything at the convention/conference center -- it's literally next door. Save gas money! Anyways - great hospitality & great rates! I will be returning as soon as this semester is done. Don't care if it's cold.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated! Emerald Coast Inn & Suites is located in beautiful Northwest Florida, on Okaloosa Island between Destin and Fort Walton Beach, Florida. Whether traveling for beach vacationing pleasure, business or military, Emerald Coast Inn & Suites is newly-remodeled in 2008 and offers comfortable and spacious rooms (6 floors, 59 rooms). Our rooms feature 1 king or 2 queen beds, direct dial phones, refrigerator & microwave, TV with remote control & HBO (we offer smoking or non-smoking rooms). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Emerald Coast Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Emerald Coast Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Emerald Coast Inn And Suites