All reviews game room admiral suite hot tub time share shuffle board short drive to the beach small kitchen santa rosa sound our home away from home overlooking the water sized bed have stayed here several times fishing pier coffee pot living room within walking distance fort walton
Selected filters
Reviewed September 21, 2017 via mobile

I prefer cheap hotels when I travel, so as to spend more money on activities. This hotel I thought was great! It's not as dated as other hotels or motels I've stayed in. Nice flatscreen tv. Standard accommodations. King size bed was nice. Swimming pool and hot tub. From 7am to 11pm. We were blessed to book their last king size room with a waterfront view. It was a harbor area with boats. It was a beautiful view and I loved the patio we hung out on, enjoyed the view, listened to the pelicans and seagulls. We were on the 2nd floor and it was just so amazing! I felt so blessed! And for that, I appreciated this hotel so much! There isn't any breakfast, and no microwave, coffee pot, or fridge. But we still loved it, and we went out to eat anyways. I would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Larry A, Front Office Manager at Marina Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

Thank you for the kind words. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

The hotel was wonderful for the money spent. The staff was friendly and the view from the deck was spectacular. We got a visit from a blue heron while taking pics of the sunset. We also saw hermit crabs and got beautiful pics of the them on the rocks.

Date of stay: February 2017
Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

A small resort. Not glitzy but, comfortable. We come here every few years. If you like fishing, it's here. You can catch and release on property or go on the many boats or piers.
Over a bridge from Destin.

Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed August 20, 2017

This resort was pretty clean and the staff was courteous and friendly. I only had two issues, albeit minor ones. The resort itself was "dated" and needs to be updated, the appliances were very old especially the stove. BUT it was clean. The second was the conduct of the children in and around the pool and hot tub. I don't necessarily mind children but I do mind when toddlers in diapers are not wearing diapers in the pool or diapers that haven't been changed all day are still swimming. Then, when an adult couple cannot relax in the hot tub because it is over run with children that is a problem for me. I go on vacation to relax. I enjoy sun bathing, swimming and relaxing in the hot tub. I venture to say this was tolerated by the owner/manager because he spent time out at the pool and became friendly with a couple of families and their kids.
Oh well, I guess ultimately it is my fault for staying at a place that is not "just for adults" shame on me.

Room tip: I liked the room because it was two rooms together which gave us a nice suite with plenty of room.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Larry A, General Manager at Marina Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2017

Thank you for your review. Our stoves are scheduled for replacement in 2018. Our refrigerators were installed in 2017. Our owners recently approved a complete kitchen remodel which should be complete by January. When school is out we do have families with children. If a guest reports improper hygiene by a guest at the pool we will address that issue. For most of the year our occupants are adults but families are always welcome.

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

I was expecting dated, however, I was not expecting how much so. We we're given a room ajacent to the lobby. The location was not near marina. It was clean but very old furniture. We wanted to cook out but front desk did not have utensils. The pool was ok but my family and I did not feel comfortable, we are Latino. Lastly, if you run out of toliet paper, your on your own. Must buy at local market. The bottom line, you get what you pay for.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family

We are sorry you did not like our furniture. It is high quality solid oak hand made by the amish in Ohio. Each Timeshare Unit has cooking utensils suitable for use on our grills including spatulas, large forks, and tongs. All rental guests receive daily maid service with paper products, replenished daily. Our Timeshare owners receive a larger supply of soap & paper products at check in for their week's stay. This is a common practice for most timeshare resorts.