Sea Oats Condominiums
Hampton.com
$214
$304
$278
Comfort Inn and Suites(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
$201
$155
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
$229
Emerald Coast Inn & Suites(Fort Walton Beach)
$170
$165
Orbitz.com
$299
$322
$278
Orbitz.com
The Island, by Hotel RL(Fort Walton Beach)
$239
$332
$259
HolidayInn.com
All reviewsrented condooffice staffhot tubview of the oceanconvenient locationbeach chairswithin walking distanceunitmattressvacationrowsappliancesdestincartsftpiertrash
Reviewed September 22, 2010

Unit 703, was dirty, had not been cleaned, and we got bed bugs they were in the beds and all in the sofas..
Getting nothing from the owener.. nothing but a run around. Dont rent this unit.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank ju1bigbone
Reviewed June 5, 2010

First impression - The room is straight out of the '80s and obviously has not been cleaned since then either. Absolutely disgusting. When we walked in the door for the first time, there was a gross dirty rag in the middle of the floor. I later found out that since I am a government contractor here on business (family in tow on vacation) that we got the bottom of the barrel. We were obviously given the worst of the worst!!! As far as the amenities package that came with my confirmation email, upon our arrival, I was told that since I was military on a "special" rate that we didn't get any of it. All I ask is that if that were the case they should have told us this from the beginning. I am thoroughly disgusted at the way we were treated and the accomodations we received. It is now my mission in life to ensure that no government or military or families for that matter ever stay at another Beacon Resort ever again and I will tell anyone who will listen my story.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank insleykevin
Reviewed May 22, 2009

We stayed in condo 711 for 5 nights. Overall the condo was very clean and provided great economical value. We had 4 adults and 1 two & a half year old. The condo is a bit dated but cleaned and in good condition. The location of Sea Oats is great as you can walk to many restaurants and stores. Also, the pool and beach are in great shape. I rented the condo through Southern Resorts. They were attentive to our needs and quick to provide service when needed. You do have to pay extra at the beach for chairs and umbrellas when renting through Southern Resorts at this complex---$6 per chair and $12 for umbrella---all per day. If the guy who rents them is not there, just go sit in the chairs and he will definitely find you.

I gave this condo only 3 stars because it is average when compared to the newer resorts on the island. Would I rent it again? Yes, I would rent it when travelling on a budget. If I had a little more to "splurge" a bit, I would pick Waterscape or Azure. Like I said though, great economical value for this area.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2008

We stayed in unit 409 and had a great time.Very clean and well furnished.Close to many great restaurants.The bedrooms are very large compared to other condos we have stayed in.Complex has large pool,tennis,exercise room,and hot tub.Great value!!!Can't wait till next trip."southern resorts " are great to work with.

Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed February 15, 2007

We stayed at the Sea Oats for nearly a week this past August (Unit 401) which is a beach front unit and had a completely wonderful time. I read the other reviews about unit 709 which seem unusual and would be unnerving after expecting a great time at the beach.

We have stayed at 401 Sea Oats for two years in a row and never noticed any problem like the ones they note (roaches, bad appliances, A/C or property management however, we did not book with Beacon who runs the building and who, I understand, can be tough to deal with). Our unit was an end unit with 3 bedrooms which had been completely remodeled a year prior to our first trip there. Our room had a new refrigerator and a new seperate icemaker machine which was nice to fill up the coolers. There was a DVD player in the living room and all the bedrooms, and a nice stereo also in the living room. The kitchen was well equiped for cooking as we do alot of breakfast cooking for our crowd. The fridge was huge and the unit had a seperate laundry room that my wife liked.

We really liked the pool as it is larger than at most places we have stayed (and the beach of course) and it also has a hot tub in an seperate building next to the beach though it wasnt working the last trip due to the hurricanes, but is now operation, I understand. The building is kind of an older structure (maybe built sometimes in the 1980's) but appears to have been redone on the exterior recently and looks like a more modern condo complex. The elevators (it has two) were a little slow last time but they were working on them when we were there which could have had something to do with it.

Probably the neatest thing about the place is the location right at the Brooks Bridge on the Island near restaurants (fuddpuckers waffle house, pandoras and the bay steamer are all within walking distance), howl at the moon nightclub is within walking distance on the beach, also an alvins island and other beach stores.

We are booked to go there again this August.

Stayed: August 2006