“Surprisingly Delicious!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My husband and I were visiting some of my cousins in Ft. Walton Beach. We felt like burritos for lunch and after a quick search found Tijuana Flats. My cousin had never been there but was willing to try. We were pleasantly greeted and guided through the menu. After ordering, we checked out the salsa bar and then headed to their outside patio to wait for our food. My husband and I split their largest burrito size. We also ordered queso on the side and guacamole. Everything was delicious. They also advertise that everything is fresh, and it sure tasted that way. Next time we visit Ft. Walton, we will be back. And my cousin, who's lived there 30+ years has become a new customer. :)

1  Thank JillLovesTravel
TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

JillLovesTravel, thank you for the great review! We're glad to hear that you and your cousin decided to give us a try and enjoyed our fresh Tex-Mex. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Surprisingly pleasant experience. We were pleasantly greeted at the door by a gal with two menus. She assisted us with everything we needed to know to enjoy our experience. The food was delicious. The sauce bar was outstanding. The staff was constantly cleaning tables and chairs immediately after a group left a table.

1  Thank MinnTraveler3693
TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

MinnTraveler3693, thank you for the great review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent experience with us and appreciate your support. We hope to see you again whenever you're in the area!

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Stopped for chips and beers..will definitely be back for lunch or dinner..staff very friendly..food us fresh

TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

AndoverBonnie, thank you for the great review! We're glad to hear that you're a fan of our fresh Tex-Mex and enjoyed our service. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

The food is good, the service is moderate, at best. it's a good plase to go with a group who want some privacy. The can accomodate pretty large groups.

I've eaten here a few times...perhaps five or six. I usually have a burrito or the fajitas. I had chicken fajitas most recently. I think they over-cook the chicken and under-cook the peppers. it's not my culture, so I'm probably not the expert to rely on. I just go by what tastes good. And if I were in the kitchen I'd be putting the peppers on first, then the onions about three minutes later (because onions cook faster than peppers), and the meat would go on the fire last. That way the peppers will be more done, and the chicken can be cooked well, but not overcooked.

Service is always a bit "cold" and distant here. A 15% tip always seems a bit ove-generious, even though I usually tip that or more.

RavenATB, thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you enjoy our fresh Tex-Mex but would like to hear more about your service. Please send us an email at Social@TijuanaFlats.com with further details, including the location, so that we can address any issues you had encountered. We would greatly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

2nd time I have had lunch here while I was in town. Taco tues, 2 monster tacos, chips, drink and your pick if hot sauces from sweet to burn your insides for $5. Throw back thurs is big burrito for old day prices. Nice place and great staff. Meals come out quickly so great if you do not have a lot of time for lunch

2  Thank Bryan L
TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Brylucas11, thank you for the great review! We're glad to hear that you love coming in for Tijuana Tuesdaze. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again soon!