“Would not recommend”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Tijuana Flats had average food, but the service was poor. I was disappointed. There "hottest sauce" was non very spicy at all. If you are looking for a nice place to eat Tijuana Flats is not the place.

TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for the review, Walker O. We're so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us. Let us help! Please email us at Social@TijuanaFlats.com with further details regarding your visit so that we can address the issue. We appreciate the feedback.

There are newer reviews for Tijuana Flats

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My Tijuana Flats experience started in Tallahassee while on work. I found out they had one in Ft. Walton and decided to take my family there. Despite the old and raggedy dog statue outside and uneven table we sat at, the young ladies that were working that day were extremely courteous. I just wasn't sure if I was to leave a tip when we left. I ordered the Dos Tacos which when I ordered in Tallahassee came with rice and pintos and beans, when ordered in Ft. Walton only came with nachos. The Coca-Cola had an odd taste and I brought another but still had an odd taste, the waitress told me that others had complained about it so I just got another soft drink. Overall the food was excellent but the service was even better!

TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for the great review, Sgt M! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed dining with your family at our Ft. Walton location. We hope to see you and your family again for more tacos!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

It is always busy here, which is a testament to how good it is. It has a very laid back, almost hipster feel to it. The staff is awesome, polite, nice, fast, attentive, young and tattooed. The food is pretty good for what it is, not authentic Mexican, but Mexican inspired I guess. Still the flavors are good, great place to go chill with friends, oh...and they sell beer.

TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for the great review J0hnny_14! We are happy to hear that you enjoy your experience with us! We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Let's get something straight right now. This is not the best and far from the worst Tex Mex fare.
So forget about all the "Yelper experts" with their "expert reviews" of this type of cuisine. I lived in Mexico for 3 years. It's impossible to find the real deal. O.K., back to TFB.

Got some surly teenagers, cranky college kids, or post college kids in the middle of their reality check? Take them here, they'll be happy (relatively). I'm the father and I was happy to have a nice choice of microbrews, dozens of hot sauces, and some tacos. It's beyond informal. You order at the counter. They bring it to you.

And now the attitude. The staff at Gulfarium swears by this place. They love it and I can see why. You won't find a nicer staff anywhere. Really. I've eaten in N.Y.C., San Francisco, Paris, Tuscany, etc., etc.
Here, a server rushed over to open the door for us upon leaving. How good is that?

1  Thank MhaPa
TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Thank you for the great review, @MhaPa! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience and service! We hope to see you and your family again!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Very relaxed atmosphere and informal. Stopped off after a long journey from New Orleans and we weren't disappointed. great food, fantastic value for money and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Only problem was that we ate too much! we are vegetarians and the choice was particularly good as not always much of a choice for veggies in the US.

TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thanks for the awesome review, bozzieOldham! We're glad you stopped in and enjoyed our veggie menu options! Hope to see you again on your next trip!