“Lots of options, great service”
Review of Tijuana Flats

Tijuana Flats
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Louisville, KY
“Lots of options, great service”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Great servers helped us make our decisions and we never lacked for anything while there. We were greeted and introduced to the menu at the door. Our questions were answered with a friendly smile. We were surprised to find out that our order of chips and queso or guac were refillable throughout the meal or on the way out.

Three sizes of burrito means you can get just as much food as you want. Make sure to read the menu because these items all come loaded. I didn't want the jalapenos on my burrito so I just asked for none. My order came as requested. My one disappointment was that the "loaded" part of my burrito seemed to overpower the amount of chicken a bit. The sauce bar is crazy with options. It was fun just to look at them all even if I am a wimp when it comes to heat on my food.

The fried cookie dough was a super sweet way to end our meal. A fun and creative dessert. This place was hopping on a weekday afternoon. It is clearly a local favorite, especially with the service men and women.

1 Thank 2engineers
TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your awesome review, @2engineers!! It's great hearing that you enjoyed the food, service and overall atmosphere, all the way down to your cookie dough flautas!! Please come back and see us again soon!!

“Best service, Best Tacos EVER”
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

The customer service is beyond the pail. My husband and I have eaten here many times, and joke that they must put something in the employees water because they are so cheerful all the time. They offer you drinks while you are waiting in line to order (don't let a line scare you; food comes out very quickly), refill drinks and dips quickly, and are always moving. Once, a jalepeno slice accidentally made it into my taco. A manager saw me pluck it off from across the dining room and came by to apologize. I'm a big fan of the beef and black bean tacos, and their guac is to die for. The building and the employees are a bit quirky (fun colored hair, ton of different ceiling tiles) and make for a great dining experience! Drive past the Taco Bell that is a stone's throw away, and eat here!

1 Thank magisternerd
TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your great review, @magisternerd!! Its wonderful to hear how much you love our food and service! Please come back again soon!!
Crestview, Florida
“Love this place!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have been going to TJF's since it opened. I first heard of them when we had the big hurricane summer. They were set to open, but with the hurricane and power outages,it had to be postponed...but they donated all of their food to first responders. What a great way to start the tone for a local restaurant that supports the area.
I generally eat their once a week. I love their tostada and that is my go to meal.they have awesome sauces, the staff is eclectic and some have been there for many years. Awesome drink specials in the evenings and on the weekends. A great place for good, fresh Tex-Mex food. Taco Tuesday is a steal. Military discounts abound...like them on FB and get on the email list for free food...

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Cheryl N
@Cheryl N - Thank you so much for your great review! We take pride in serving our customers and love hearing that everything meets your expectations and more!! Please come back and see us again soon!!
“Awesome Mexican”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

this is a great place to take the family. Great selection of Hot and sweet sauces. you get alot for the money. fast friendly service. Good selection of beer.

• Visited August 2012
TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your review, @Tom H!! We love to hear that you enjoy our food, customer service, and the hot sauce bar!! Please come see us again soon!!
Weatherford, Texas
“Holy Guacamole - these guys SERVE!!! Bring your DOGS too!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We first ate here in 2012 during an art show because they allow dogs on the patio, which is serious for us! Back this year for same art show, and same restaurant choice even without the dog, because this is good food folks! Grab a menu, look things over, head to the window, order up, grab your drinks, have a seat, wait for your name to be called, they'll bring your food to you and they'll keep checking back to make sure you have all you need. There's a stupendous help-yourself hot sauce bar with some 15 choices of mild to OMG-fire extinguisher needed (actual name is "Smack my a** and call me Sally). They serve a great variety of beer choices and Barefoot wine along with tea and soft drinks.

Hubby's new beer find this time... Sweet Water IPA, he dearly loved it!

We've eaten lots and lots of various meals here. One of my favorites is the salad with blackened chicken in a whole wheat tortilla bowl. I get it with avocado ranch and the mildest of the hot sauces at the bar, which is actually sweet-sour ;-) I use the avocado ranch to dip my tortilla bowl chips in. YUMMY.

This restaurant loves their service men and women too! Look around, they've got the pictures to prove it! We've never visited that there aren't several service folks eating.

I've never mentioned Tijuana Flats to a local and not gotten a huge high 5! The prices are great, the portions are big enough to fill you up, the service could NOT be better!

1 Thank flutemother
TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your amazing review, @flutemother!! We love to hear that you enjoy our food, customer service, our hot sauce bar and our overall atmosphere!! Can't wait to have you back soon and bring your pup too!!