All reviews kids eat free lazy river front desk indoor pool hotel restaurant breakfast buffet kids activities bunk beds great resort gulf view pool towels hot tub movie night fort walton family vacation the entire staff housekeeping staff
Selected filters
Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful, clean hotel. Very nice staff. If you are looking for a median hotel then this is a great place. Would stay again for sure. Paid breakfast. Restaurant look nice and like baby was a great place to just hang out with your family or friends.

Date of stay: March 2017
1  Thank vendela
funandmemorable, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Thank you so much for the excellent review, vendela! We're so pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be beautiful, the staff to be nice and a great place to stay too. We look forward to welcoming you back for another getaway one day soon. Thanks for choosing to stay with us! --Krissy

Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here Christmas Day! We had stayed at this location in April 2015 and decided to return based on excellent service and room. We arrived a little before check in but were greeted warmly and checked in quickly. The woman at check in was very engaging and even shared that she had checked with local restaurants several days prior if they’d be open when we inquired about places to eat - great initiative on her part!!! The hotel restaurant was open too, but we opted for Margaritaville and it was good.

The decor was pretty much the same (love those mesh wire chairs in lobby) and decorated for the holidays! We had an Gulf front room on 5th floor (it was 517 or 519, can’t remember) that was clean and well stocked. I did notice since we were there previously there has been some wear and tear that should be addressed like the peeling wallpaper in hallways that is unsightly. However, given this is a beachfront property I would’ve expected more wear and tear. There were people with some unruly children (and we are parents and grandparents and understand behavior) and I fault the parents, not the hotel, for their loud and obnoxious behavior.

We’d definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank PeggyS0530
funandmemorable, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2018

Peggy, thank you so much for joining us for the holidays! We're so pleased to hear that you were warmly greeted and our front desk clerk shared information about restaurants that were open on Christmas day. Also, so happy that you enjoyed the Gulf view and clean rooms too. We're so sorry to hear about the unruly children and appreciate the feedback regarding the wallpaper too. We're always looking for ways to better serve our guests and will be sure to pass along your comments to our management team for review. We can't wait to welcome you back to our little slice of paradise one day soon. Thanks for choosing to stay with us! --Krissy

Reviewed December 24, 2017 via mobile

Stayed with my 2 girls for a Pre-Christmas get-away. We were greeted upon arrival by Courtney. She was very friendly and welcoming. We had to wait a few minutes before our room was ready, but we arrived extremely early as well. I believe we checked in around noon, with regular check-in being at 4pm. We requested a room on the top floor, and on the west side of the building (better for sunsets). Had we not made any special requests, we would have had a room immediately, I think.
After checking in, we went to dinner (not at the hotel) and did some exploring. When we came back, it was time for the pool. The lazy river was a bit chilly, but it was 1) December, and 2) night time. We decided to go for it anyways and enjoyed it. We were also the only ones in it at the time. After that, we decided to go into the heated indoor pool, which was very warm. Like, bath water warm. My youngest girl loved it, but it was a bit too warm for my taste. I also have a tendency to break out in any heated chlorinated water.
Next morning we decided to have breakfast in the hotel. Kids pancakes were great, as well as the Innjoyable breakfast of 2 eggs, county potatoes, bacon, and toast.
After a long day of exploring, we came back for a swim again. I sat out the lazy river this time, but my girls said it was warmer than the night before. We then went to the indoor pool again, but there were 4 guys in there throwing a football and jumping in a tube from the lazy river, as well as using bad language. Guess the mom and 2 kids ruined their fun and they left after awhile.
Next morning we did breakfast again, and it was good, except my oldest had gotten some berries with mold on them, but to be honest, blackberries seem to mold very quickly in the Florida humidity. We were apologized to and quickly brought a different fruit cup. I believe our original server was Hannah, maybe? But Christine was very quick to help out and we appreciated both of them.
We declined housekeeping since we were only there for 2 days, but the ones we ran into in the halls were friendly. One in particular stood out, we didn't get her name, but she was from Taiwan. She was so friendly and smiling.
We stayed in room 530, so I can say those beds were super comfy, bathroom and room was clean, we had great views of the beach, the lazy river, and the pier. Oh, and I could see the Gulf while lying in bed.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank TinaCas
terry578, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn FORT WALTON BEACH.

Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 8503019000 ext 5500 or aeman@innisfreehotels.com.

Anthony Eman
Assistant General Manager
8503019000 ext 5500
aeman@innisfreehotels.com

Reviewed December 8, 2017

Love my room here. The lobby area was very metro. Staff was very friendly. The white sand beach with the beach chairs were absolutely wonderful. The room was very clean and very comfy. Didn't really eat here so I don't know about the food. But I did partake of the bar! Good wine. I like having a safe in my room also. I would stay here again and again

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank 444shirleyp
funandmemorable, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time review our hotel, 444shirleyp! We're so happy that you loved your room and enjoyed the friendly staff as well as the wine too. We can't wait to welcome you back to our little slice of paradise one day soon. Thanks for choosing to stay with us! --Krissy

Reviewed November 19, 2017

Stayed here a couple of nights during the work week. The resorts as a whole seemed pretty empty, but staffed adequately. I had a room with a view of the pool/water which was a nice perk. The beds were comfy, and the rooms could easily house a family of four. Breakfast is not complimentary, but I heard it was pretty good. The pool has a lazy river that was peaceful, I was able to hang around it for almost an hour without anyone else coming in. Theres a pool bar, and a hot tub to compliment the rest of the outdoor area. The hotel is located close to the bridge to cross over to main land, and had multiple restaurants within walking distance. I would recommend this place.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank GDGandTBiggs
funandmemorable, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, GDGandTBiggs! We're so happy to hear that you were able to enjoy the beachfront view from your room, the lazy river, the pool area as well as the close proximity to local restaurants too. We look forward to welcoming you back one day soon. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. --Krissy