“Hidden Italian Gem”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This was our first visit to this restaurant.. Upon our arrival, the restaurant was practically empty..much to our dismay the greater directed us a booth in the bar area..the area was TV noisy and the booth was uncomfortable..upon our asking we were directed to a table in front of the entrance..not exactly comfortable again..finally on the third try we were seated in an area of which was very agreeable..the service and ambiance from here on was absolutely great..the menu is very simple and easy to choose from..the food was more then I expected and the needs of our table were quickly seen to. All in all a very nice and joyful evening

Reviewed March 10, 2013

This place has been totally renovated since our last visit in Oct. We have always made a point of visiting Pranzo every time we come and the food is always good. The look is more formal now...I like the upgrades. We have a big group of 7 and it was prom night, but the wait for our food this time was excessive. Not sure that anyone else had a similar problem. My biggest complaint is some of the things they have taken off the menu, specifically the almond chicken, which was always outstanding. They used to have parmesian cheese on the table to mix with the oil for the bread, and that has disappeared. The bread has changed and I preferred the original bread to what we had last night. Overall, everyone enjoyed the meal and service was attentive. This place is fairly popular based on the numbers last night.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Just visited for happy hour, but was very impressed with several basic things. First the house wine was great. I normally don't get the house wine but asked to taste it because the waitress said it was great. Second, the bread and the accompaniments were delicious and we were offered seconds. Third, the service was very friendly. With good bread, good wine and good service can't wait to go back and have dinner!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had the pleasure of dinning at Pranzo Italian Ristorante again this past Saturday night to help celebrate a close friends 60th birthday. I have to say I was amazed at the new look they have after their much talked about renovations. Totally new look. Sheik, styling and very classy. Thankfully the food was great as it always was. I have been here several times and each time is better than the last. If you are looking for a tourist type chain restaurant, this is not your place. If you want the best Italian style food that locals go to, this is your place. The new bar area is outstanding. So modern and yet very classy. My wife and I arrived early to the party just for their happy hour. Beer is ice cold and house wine is top notch. Looking at the happy hour specials, we are definitely going back one Friday or Saturday night to try their pizza. Great prices too. We started our delightful evening off with drinks at the new bar. The bar tender was very friendly and quick with our drinks. They have 2 new big screen LCDs in the middle of the bar area and you can see them from any angle while sitting at the bar. Once the rest of our party arrived we moved to our reserved table. We had a good size group of about 12 adults and 2 babies. The waiter staff was definitely seasoned pros and they took great care of us. The group started with fresh drinks and some of the best appetizers around. Sautéed Mushrooms, tomato bruschetta, Crab dip, Fresh Tuna sliced with Italian herbs/spices, and bacon wrapped scallops that were unbelievable! I had Chicken Parmigiana which was the best ever. My Wife had the Eggplant Parmigiana and that was outstanding as well. Everyone in our group really enjoyed their meals and the staff never rushed us through each course. We started at 6:30pm and left at 9pm feeling like we were family. It is really nice having experienced waiting staff. They brought each dish out piping hot and never had to ask who got which entry. Prices were very reasonable and equivalent to Carrabbas, but only in the price ranges, as the food is so much better here. The seafood is fresh each day and the menu for seafood changes with what they get off the docks in Destin that day. This place is a must go if you are in the Fort Walton Beach or Destin area. Lots of parking and easy to get to. They have a great web site also. http://www.pranzoristorante.com/index.html I will defiantly go back soon. Can’t wait until that time comes. Enjoy!!!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Great place! I liked it very much! Especially lasagna. The staff is very friendly. The bartender is a great guy! All of them are profeccionals. The owner is very polite and professional man. The service is exellent. The food is delicious. And their tiramisu... Oh! I haven't try nothing better even in Italy! Don't miss that cozy place!