“15 years later and it still rocks!”
Review of Kinfolks Bar-B-Q

Kinfolks Bar-B-Q
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I used to live in the neighborhood and made a point to eat here twice a week. My favorite was the chicken. No extra sauce needed...the stuff they smoked it with was good enough. They cook in what looks like a chimney...the dude uses a garden house to spritz the meat. You can watch from your church-folding-table-and-chairs that you sit on in the dining room. And the people are such sweethearts.

15 years later I vacationed in Panama City Beach....I made the trip all the way over to Ft Walton just so I could eat here again. I smelled the sauce as soon as I got out of my car in the parking lot..and absolutely nothing has changed. It was pure delight. Don't know when I'll be back in the area again but you can bet I'll visit Kinfolks again when I am.

1  Thank pjstroh123

Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I found this place when stationed at Eglin back in 1991 and always visit when in town as it is always the best

Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Went here on a recommendation from a local working the front desk of my hotel. If your in the area and miss out your going to regret it. They have 3 types of sauces and we had 2 of them. I dont want to sound like a pig but I DESTROYED my meal and you will as well.

1  Thank dgdeppen
Reviewed June 2, 2012

The place looks a little like a dive but the quality of the food is outstanding. I really liked the sauce they put on the chicken. Different but very good. Waitress was very attentive and friendly. Definitely will be back.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

I see they have change their menu to say Chipped or sliced. I always warned my visitors with me the chopped was chipped. I like this place because you can ask for some outside cut and they do not give you a strange look. Their mustard sauce is outstanding; I am a purest and like to apply my own sauce -- they are accommodating. I like the fact they leave me a pitcher of un-sweet tea while I dined.

Great place if you like non - chain restaurants.

1  Thank FWB_Foodie