“Well Done Military Musuem”

Air Force Armament Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: The focus is on Air Force armament through a variety of historical displays, from a B-17 World War II bomber to an F-4 Phantom II jet.
Fredericksburg, Virginia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Well Done Military Musuem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have been to many military museums and I was very impressed by the Air Force Armament Museum. It is a nice size, not to big, but large enough to provide many interesting displays. They have a large building with a few planes inside along with various static displays. Being the armament museum, there are many displays relating to the history of bomb and missile development. Of course the museum also looks at the history of Eglin Air Force Base. The outside of the museum has a great aircraft park. The highlights for me were the B-17 and B-25 from World War II, a special operations Pave Low helicopter, and an SR-71. This museum is free, but accepts donations. If you have a few hours to spend in Ft. Walton Beach, this is a nice place to visit.

Knoxville, Tennessee
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Air Force Museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Awesome Museum, and loaded with planes, missiles, rockets, bombs, and everything else from the time planes were invented. Free admission to the public, but I recommend leaving a donation to help keep the museum open. We went on 9/11/2013. We were on Vacation and decided we wanted to do something special. There were quite a few old Veterans there that day, that talked about their time in World War 2. The Museum is located a block from the entrance of Eglin Air Force Base, which is the largest Air Force base in the world.

3 Thank 1755zoomer
Houston, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful museum well worth the visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I took my family while vacationing in nearby Okaloosa Island and we had a wonderful time. Free admission, friendly and helpful staff and an amazing array of planes, helicopters and munitions made for a great side trip. My three year old son and 75 year old father-in-law were so happy to see these great examples of history up close and personal. Even my wife and mother-in-law had a great time! I thought it might be boring for them, but they enjoyed it immensely. There were cockpit simulators to climb inside and check out, educational videos that showed the mind-blowing technology and power of our military (mainly Air Force, of course), and a collection of some of the finest examples of military aircraft you could ever hope to gaze upon. From the first-off-the-production line C130 Hercules, dubbed the "First Lady", which left service after being converted into an AC130 gunship, to the only long-tailed SR-71 Blackbird (my all-time personal favorite aircraft), the planes are an awesome sight to behold. And it is easily perused in a couple of hours, so you can do it and then get back to the beach! If you are in the Emerald Coast area, please make time for a visit to this fantastic museum!

1 Thank voicebox5
Warner Robins, Georgia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“great outdoor walk for fall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I love taking my children here to visit and revisit the planes and gun collection. Donations only, so it is a great spot for multiple young ones. Nice gift shop with good priced little planes. 3 bucks if I remember right, we collect one each time we go.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Outin2013
Harker Heights, Texas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Amazing and informative”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great and informative visit with my husband and our 14 y/o son. The building was locked due to the furlough but other than needing the restroom, I don't know what we could have missed. The amazing planes and bombs and other equipment of massive size were all outside. The placards present along with mine and my husband's knowledge provided all of us, especially our son with a wealth of knowledge. Made a great "home" school lesson, or field trip.

Visited July 2013