“great outdoor walk for fall”

Air Force Armament Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: The focus is on Air Force armament through a variety of historical displays, from a B-17 World War II bomber to an F-4 Phantom II jet.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I love taking my children here to visit and revisit the planes and gun collection. Donations only, so it is a great spot for multiple young ones. Nice gift shop with good priced little planes. 3 bucks if I remember right, we collect one each time we go.

1  Thank Outin2013

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great and informative visit with my husband and our 14 y/o son. The building was locked due to the furlough but other than needing the restroom, I don't know what we could have missed. The amazing planes and bombs and other equipment of massive size were all outside. The placards present along with mine and my husband's knowledge provided all of us, especially our son with a wealth of knowledge. Made a great "home" school lesson, or field trip.

1  Thank Gunnerpa V
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My husband found this looking thru one of the entertainment things to do book in Destin so we decided to go. I thought it was worth the drive from Destin. It was free of charge and was very interesting. This is a self guided tour and was awesome that you get to be so close to all the planes. I was blown away at how fast some of those things fly. WOW. This was a great thing to do and like I said before you can't beat the price. It's free.

1  Thank lovemyvacations80
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My kids loved this place. It is smaller than some other Air Force museums we have been to but still a great tribute to the men and women in the Armed Forces. Probably 30-40 or so planes on display inside and out. Nice gift shop and friendly staff. Thankful to all who serve.

1  Thank daveskeys
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Viewing the WWII and current Air Force planes was awesome and breathtaking - The majority of the planes are outside the building and are very impressive. There are a few planes inside where you can see inside the cockpit. There is a 1/2 hour film on the history of Eglin AF base. There are many displays of the armaments used from WWII til today. It is a self guided tour and you go at your leisure. It is a worthwhile stop if you are in the Ft Walton Beach area. It is very educational and makes you feel proud to be an American.