“Disappointed”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Falls Church, Virginia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed December 20, 2008

Recommended by the hotel for steaks. Overpriced, average food. Save your appetite.

San Antonio, Texas
“Classic Dining in Downtown FWB”
Reviewed December 17, 2008

This place is our favorite to have dinner with family and friends. The stuffed flounder is so delicious. Each meal comes with salad (and your choice of dressing served in a mason jar), german potato salad, and free desert! The food is very rich and buttery, the best way to enjoy seafood! We have always been pleased each time we visit Staff's.

1 Thank JenandBenHan
Andalusia, AL
“The BEST! old school Florida restaurant experience!!”
Reviewed October 2, 2008

My husband and I love locals food spots. Well you will have found it at Staff's. They have been in business for 95 years and they have certainly worked the kinks out. The food is GREAT!! FRESH! FRESH! fish!! They make the salad dressings, tartar sauce and cocktail fresh everyday, and they give you a jar and ladle with your meal. The gumbo is really good a great mix of a file/tomatoe base. ( if you love gumbo you know what i'm talking about) I highly reccomend giving it a try.

3 Thank JoyfulAndalusia_AL
Southeast
“Best Seafood I've Ever Had”
Reviewed September 8, 2008

I ate here about 10 times over the course of 2 years (06-08) and the service and food everytime were outstanding. The food almost always came out before I was finished with my appetizer and you are checked on often. I recommend the Grilled Amberjack and the Crab Stuffing Stuffed Grouper (by the way I hate crab but I cannot get enough of their crab stuffing). Dinner entres come with a salad (all dressings and sauces are homemade), warm loaf of bread and butter (again, homemade), german potato salad (love it!), and dessert. I lived in Pensacola, Fl so the drive was about 45 min, but well worth it. They have been open since 1913 and the dining room has had little updating so it reminds me of Cheers. Some people are put off by the outdated decor. Personally, I like it and the food is so great I could care less anyways. Most restuarants in the Destin/Ft Walton area are too touristy, and Staff's is a nice break from that. Very casual, laid back atmosphere. I would recommend going for dinner as once I did try lunch and was very disappointed by their lunch menu, as it resembled a kids menu. Earlier this year I moved to NC and sorely miss this place.

4 Thank opheliac7
Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor management, service, and ownership”
Reviewed August 24, 2008

My family and I were in town for a bowling tournament and my parents 49th anniversary and called to make a reservation for 19 on a Friday night. The manager called back to let us know there was a wedding reception that may delay our seating by 30 minutes or so so we changed the reservation by 30 minutes. We arrived at 7:30 and were not seated until 8:45 after being told by the hostess that they had seated a party of 15 or so without a reservation at our table and that was the cause of delay. They brought out the water and when my daughter touched her glass it exploded into a million pieces and imbedded tiny pieces of glass in her arms and legs. I rushed to the bathroom with her while my aunt asked for first aid items. No one assisted nor asked how she was at the time of the incident or thereafter. In addition, we asked that our parents be served first and when they were not my sister and her husband then asked again and the waiter responded very rudely (his tip was guaranteed due to the party size). I then went to the front and asked to speak to the manager. The man put his arms behind his back and responded "yes". I said to him that I take that to mean it was him and asked that, in light of the numerous problems, my parents meal not be charged to us. Long story short, they only gave us one meal and a bottle of wine (that was nice but not asked for). The food was quite expensive and although good, not great. Other family members then began to come up to complain about the service and gratuity and it became a bit hostile. At that point the owners came out to inquire what was going on and I went on to explain and was promptly told we never had a reservation because they didn't make reservations and that they had "rushed my daughter to the bathroom with a first aid kit". Both comments were completely untrue and further infuriated me. It was the worst experience I have ever had and would not recommend anyone frequent this establishment. My family and I dine out on a regular basis and are typically very easy going and understanding so the fact that it got to the point it did relays the truely bad service - not just one incident but several and very defensive and accusatory employees on all levels including ownership.

1 Thank jor6566
ILuvFL08, Manager at Staff's Restaurant, responded to this review, October 13, 2008
These people were verbally abusive of my employees. Threatened to put on of them in the hospital in front of witnesses after everything they asked for was responded to. The one gentleman came over the counter after the other manager. Scared other customers. They were given about 150 dollars of complementary items and still proceeded to act this way in the middle of summer. The "parents" left this night in tears because the "children" were acting so terrible.