“Outstanding!”

Giovanni's One89
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Giovanni's One89 our menus are based on simple, fresh and handmade food served with elegant style in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. We present an extensive menu of appetizers, steaks, fresh seafood, homemade pasta dishes, pizzas, salads and desserts. Nothing infused or fussy, just the classics done right.
Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

Some of the best Lasagna I’ve ever had, complete with a fireworks display! The fireworks display wasn’t theirs but it was a benefit of sitting outside on the deck. Pleasant atmosphere and good service. The only thing holding back a 5-star rating was the background music, which was borderline “head banging” opposed to something more appropriate for the mood for this quaint Italian restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Daryl C
giovannisone89, Public Relations Manager at Giovanni's One89, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Thank you so much for your review and we're very happy you enjoyed the atmosphere and the service! We'll look into the music choices.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

First, let me say that my wife and I had a quick dinner at one of their waterfront tables, down by the boat dock, last night. So we haven't experienced the inside menu or service.

We ordered the 1.5lb boiled shrimp and a chicken sandwich that's served with blue cheese. The sandwich was fantastic. The chicken was perfectly cooked, and was smothered in blue cheese, topped with a beautiful, fresh tomato, lettuce leaf, and red onions. It was amazing. The fries that came with it were very hot, even after being walked from the kitchen down to the water's edge, and they were some of the best fries I've ever tasted. My wife's shrimp order was HUGE...a very "generous" 1.5lbs. And the shrimp were flawlessly cooked...unusually perfect, even in this area where shrimp are so commonly served.

And we had one special experience that is unfortunately rare with good restaurants these days. The chef came out of the restaurant and visited each table where people were dining. When he came to ours he asked how our food and service was, and we told him we were very happy. But we were even more happy to see someone from the kitchen staff (or management) visit the tables to ensure that everyone enjoyed their food and service.

Parking is adequate. Accessibility of the restaurant is good. The walkway down to the water is well constructed, and would be easy, even for someone with a disability to negotiate. The dock area appeared to be very well constructed, and there were no areas that looked like they might be a danger to kids or someone using the dock or enjoying the area. The restaurant (we did go inside) was very clean, as were the restrooms. The outide bar was also well kept and clean. We really couldn't find anything to complain about. It's (the outside tiki bar area) even dog-friendly! We loved that.

My wife and I are locals...we've lived here for nearly two decades, and we've eaten at almost every good and every excellent restaurant in southern Okaloosa County. We'll be back, and I'll write another review after we've experienced the food and service in the main restaurant. But for now, we're very impressed.

Thanks! We really enjoyed our first try.

Date of visit: September 2018
giovannisone89, Public Relations Manager at Giovanni's One89, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Thank you so much for your wonderful and detailed review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us. We're looking forward to welcoming you again in the very near future!

Reviewed September 9, 2018

Contracted with Jamie and Gio's for my retirement party of 160+ guests! They set up the entire outside property with tents, tiki, lights, etc, and even though we had a rain storm an hour before the party, they had everything PERFECT for the event! So many praises from guests about the food, cleanliness, and joyful staff members! Not one complaint! Jamie and her team were fabulous! So grateful we catered the party at Gio's! Highly recommend them. Jamie will definitely take care of you and make sure your event is one to be remembered fondly forever!

Date of visit: August 2018
giovannisone89, Public Relations Manager at Giovanni's One89, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, we were happy to be of service for your big event!

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

There are good and bad things that we experienced. The good first. The sangria was tasty and actually had some alcohol in it. The pasta and the sauce was good, but not great. The view is nice. Now the bad, the chicken was horrible. I ate some and then asked my wife what was wrong with it. She tasted it and knew exactly the problem. My wife said they microwaved the chicken too long and that it changes the structure of the proteins in the chicken. My wife said they probably cook the chicken early in the day and then microwave it later. What? They microwave their chicken? Not expected for a fancy restaurant. I never send food back since I used to work at restaurants and I know what can occasionally happen to food. Now, this may be a fluke but I would expect a nice restaurant not to microwave food. Big negative. Now I will say the pizza looked good but I didn’t get that. All I can say is it isn’t a place I will return to soon.

Date of visit: September 2018
giovannisone89, Public Relations Manager at Giovanni's One89, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Thank you for your detailed and thoughtful review and we hope you will return. We regret that you didn't enjoy the chicken but we have to say we NEVER serve microwaved chicken - our chicken is fresh and cooked to order.

Reviewed August 28, 2018

This is one of our favorite restaurants. I always order stromboli. It is always very good and I enough left for lunch the next day. Their bread and oil is very good. Others order steak and seafood. All the main courses were very good. The calamari appetizer was great. Our waitress was very good and attentive.

Date of visit: July 2018

Thank you so much for the great review and we're delighted you enjoy our food and our service!