“I will title this the way I rated it. EXCELLENT!”
Review of Giovanni's One89

Giovanni's One89
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Giovanni's One89 our menus are based on simple, fresh and handmade food served with elegant style in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. We present an extensive menu of appetizers, steaks, fresh seafood, homemade pasta dishes, pizzas, salads and desserts. Nothing infused or fussy, just the classics done right.
“I will title this the way I rated it. EXCELLENT!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband made reservations for our 10th anniversary and when we arrived our table was ready with a beautiful white table cloth and a bouquet of roses with which they put upon themselves to put out. The evening was perfect, easy listening music, warm sea- breeze, fantastic food and personable service. I had the chicken marsala which was superb and my husband had their pizza which they used all fresh ingredients. He said "It was the best pizza in town". I couldn't have asked for a more romantic evening. Thank you Cafe Italia one89 for going the extra step.

• Visited August 2013
Caffeitaliaone89, Public Relations Manager at Giovanni's One89, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and we're glad we could make your special evening even more special. Hope to see you on your 11th anniversary!

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We ate here about three years ago and enjoyed our meal very much. After reading that it was even better under new management, we couldn't resist. They are in the process of making some very promising renovations to the building, adding a wine bar and additional porch seating. The food, however, was not up to par. we ordered the Chicken Piccata, Lasagna and a shrimp pasta dish. The Chicken Piccata dish tasted great. But then she got sick around 3 a.m. and again at 5 a.m. The lasagna was without a doubt the greasiest lasagna I have ever eaten. Both my stepson and I who each ordered the lasagna, had a very rough early morning ourselves. But the kicker that night was that my wife was served the shrimp pasta dish - you guessed it - with no shrimp! I try not to be too catty in my reviews, but when the owner stopped by our table to light the candle, she was wearing something similar to biking shorts and appeared as if she might have been exercising earlier in the afternoon! Based on our experience, we will not be back for a while. And the fact that three out of four of us had a "post-dining experience" does not help my opinion here. They have a great opportunity to turn this into an annual destination, but I will have to see a lot more wonderful reviews, included some raves about the non-greasy lasagna, before we return.

Visited August 2013
We're so sorry you had such a disappointing experience and hope you've been back to visit us since with a more successful outcome.
Florida
“Delightful”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had not been here for years, but decided to go for a Sunday lunch after we saw an ad in the paper saying it had new owners. They bumped the restaurant up a few notches! We had a great view from our table on the deck. We shared 3 appetizers for our meal. The calamari was good, but over battered--I hope they can lighten that up. The carpaccio was very good. The crab cakes were very good, but a little dense. The wine list was reasonable. It sounds like they have some nice ideas for the restaurant. There is a new tiki hut and umbrellas/chairs down by the water where you can have a private/catered party. Maybe it will be used for restaurant seating in the future. Also, it might be possible to come by boat in the future. We had a nice afternoon; hopefully more people will find the "new" Caffe Italia.

• Visited July 2013
Thank you so much for your review and suggestions. We hope you've been back since August to check us out again!
Webster, Texas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“EXCELLANT ITALIAN FOOD!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were on vacation, and found this charming, beautiful restaurant by the water. The service was excellent, and the food was incredible! We dined on the patio and the view was fantastic!
I highly recommend this eatery. As a traveler, you wont be disappointed! Very happy we stopped in there. Nice people as well.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Cathy L
Thank you so much for your great review!
Columbus MS
“Outstanding”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

New Management, New Menu, and a Total Facelift...what a difference a year makes! We eat here every year when we come for summer and spring break. Wow! I'm going out on a limb here and will predict this place will be ranked the #1 Italian Restaurant and in the top 5 of all restaurants at Fort Walton by next summer. The first time we ever went here some years ago, we ate on the back porch in plastic chairs around a plastic table, and the table next to us had a dog...(they were not blind). My kids have always loved the stuffed pizza; thankfully, they still have it, and it's better than ever. There is still some construction going on here in the back where they intend to close in the porch and put in a wine bar. The waitresses and staff are still getting their feet wet, but they are enthusiastic and eager to please. What they have done here is take a very average Italian 'dive' and shot it into a new dimension. The food is on another level as is the atmosphere, and they have a much broader menu with some high end items like escargot. I'd like to see them add a few more upper end items when they are said and done. The wine list is very nice. The view here over the bay has always been unique. The place is a little difficult to get to, but worth the effort. Give them another 6-8 months to work out the kinks and finish the remodeling, you'll have a first class Italian Bistro.

• Visited July 2013
5 Thank Sam J
Thank you so much for your review and we hope you'll be back this year to check out all the changes!