“Worth every penny. ($20?)”

Emerald Coast Science Center
More attraction details
Owner description: The Emerald Coast Science Center is a hands-on museum for families located behind the baseball field at Seabreeze Park. With touchable exhibits there is fun for all families!
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Took my three grandchildren (7 - 14 years) to escape a rain storm. A wide variety of educational, very hands-on oriented science exhibits and demonstrations. Roam at your leisure among all 5 or 6 rooms including most basic science disciplines from simple to more complex. Something for everyone.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Good for families with kids of all ages or adults who like science. some of it is a little dated, but fun for a cool or rainy day.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

My sister and I went there with our kids and as soon as you walk in there is a bird in a bird cage...so of course they all run to see the bird...well two of the employes were sitting close to the cage and were constantly nagging at the kids... caught and attitude and told my niece she needed to go back and stand with her mama. These are 6 year old kids and they were doing nothing wrong....I came in expecting it to be fun and kid oriented and apparently this woman did not feel that way. If you don't like kids you shouldnt be working in a place like that. My mood was pretty much ruined after that and we are definitely not going back. I rather spend double the price at a different place than going to there where the customer service sucks.

2  Thank melindeydaniella
Reviewed August 20, 2013

For our family for three it cost us $15, so it's relatively inexpensive compared to a number of rainy day options.

The facility is out-of-date, but there are enough fun little contraptions to occupy the family for close to an hour or so.

The exhibits are old and mostly basic science, but if you take the time to read and explain these to your child it can be fun. Our daughter is just about seven and it was fun.

Yes it's not the most exciting place, but if you don't want to drop tons of $$ at an arcade, the movies, or bowling, you can survive part of a rainy day at this place.

1  Thank dmybama
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

A few of the exhibits didnt work. The place looked like it was thrown together hastily. It wasnt very inviting. One of the doors to the cages was open in the animal area. The door was to the toads cage and there was no lock. It scared me because the other cages had spiders and snakes. We barely stayed 30 minutes. I wont go back.

2  Thank Bamagirl1997