“Hole in the wall, but come on down yall!”
Review of Rick's Crab Trap

Rick's Crab Trap
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 26, 2014

So Rick's doesn't look that impressive as you drive by. But if your looking for a place for some local seafood that won't have every tourist in town this is the spot to go. When my husband and I walked in I had some reservations ( this place is about the food not the decor) but we sat down and got some lunch. Yes lots of there options are fried BUT its worth being bad sometimes! Get the Shrimp and thank me later. The only item on my plate that I wasn't a fan of was the cole slaw, it had a bit of an after taste.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

This place use to be nice, its not even worth my hard earn money to go in there and sit in one of those booth that make u feel ur going to fall in and the portion on food is sad the oysters are nasty I just will never return

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Our Thursday Dinner Group, once again, tried the new location of Ric's Crab Trap on Eglin Parkway, near the Cinco Bayou Bridge. I had missed the first date, so was excited to experience what they said to be a great meal a few weeks ago. Yep...they were correct. Our server, Michael, was attentive and polite, the food was superb, the selection of beers and wines was perfect for the seafood restaurant. I ordered the Broiled Shrimp Platter and enjoyed the corn, cole slaw, and new potatoes. I had to pack up (and bring home) some of my shrimp because the meal included an ample serving!!!! My husband ordered the Blackened Grouper...his all-time favorite Gulf Coast meal. It looked great and tasted the same....No Leftovers for him :) Our Thursday Dinner Group looks for local diners and restaurants every week where we can enjoy food, atmosphere, and each other's company; sharing our lives and the local 'chew'. We have found that an additional 'test' of the establishment's success is how many friends and family we run into while dining! This visit proved successful and we Will be back for more!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

This restaurant does not sit in the heart of Destin like many of the known seafood restaurants, but is located on Eglin Rd in Fort Walton. It also does not have a great look from the outside, but the food was excellent. We were told by our waiter, Mykal, that Rick's wife made the desserts homemade and they were fabulous, too!! We tried the Coconut cream pie and the banana cream pie.

1  Thank Margaret K
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We spent about two hours looking for Rick's upon the referral of a friend who had been there a few years back. Said this place was to die for. When we finally found it, we realized this was not the same Rick's we were told to find. We heard several stories about the old place burning down, or the owner got fed up and retired, to there was some kind of sale. We're not sure what to believe, and the teenyboppers working there now have no clue what we're talking about.

There was no wait, and the place was empty at about 7 PM. That meant that this place was expensive, or it was bad. It wasn't expensive. We were seated immediately.

The atmosphere was dated and decrepit. There were printed signs everywhere stating something about the H.O.A. making improvements, and from the look of the signs, they had been there a while. Outside, you'll see the hotel or condo swimming pool. The beach is on the other side of the highway. You could see it, but it's not like being right on the beach.

The crab cakes were alright. Oysters were so-so. Prices weren't bad. The water was horrible -- swore we were drinking from a swamp. I had to order a beer to kill the taste. Our server could have used a shave. The very young staff seemed adequate, but inexperienced. Maybe they can rebuild this place to reclaim its wonderful reputation, but it was nothing like we expected.