“Just OK”

Sealand Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Based on Trip Advisor reviews we called ahead and reserved seating for our group of 22 for 5:30. They have early bird dinner specials for 12.95 that run until 6:30. However, the experience was less than desirable for a few different reasons. First of all they had one waitress designated to our group but they also say a party of 10 at the next table and this same waitress tried to service all of us in addition to the other table of 10 ( for a total of 32 people). They had a bus boy who they sent in to help refill drinks at one point in time but he could do nothing else except drink refills. When the waitress was asked for an additional condiment you would have thought we asked her for the moon. She would explain that she would have to walk a long way in order to get the item. My husbands meal got cold while waiting for his bread to go with his meal. The bottom line is if you take a large group you should request an additional waitress. One waitress cannot efficiently serve that many people. On another note, I did not hear anyone complain about the taste of their food. Everyone seemed to be pleased with that aspect of the meal I had salmon and it was good. My son in law had the trigger fish and he said it was excellent. We would visit this restaurant again but if we had a large party we would make sure they allocated adequate servers to our group.

1  Thank Mdysupermom

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We always enjoy eating at Sealand. The food is delicious and well prepared. In addition, the owner and wait staff make you feel you are part of their family and really want you to enjoy your visit. My husband always gets the amberjack if it is available and he has never been disappointed. I am a vegetarian and they have many items on their menu for me to choose from.

1  Thank roxiecat
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We had an excellent meal. The pot stickers were excellent. Grilled grouper was delicious!
Nice fresh salads.

1  Thank Spg6611
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We made the trip to Fort Walton beach as a side to visit relatives and decided to eat out by ourselves the first night we arrived. The Sealand came up as one near our hotel so we decided to try it. Walking up to the building my spouse and I were a little disappointed, as the exterior is rather plain and somewhat unattractive. Stepping inside, we were greeted by a small yet well-kept dining area and were promptly acknowledged and seated by a member of the staff. It was early evening, when an "early bird" special is still in effect ( 12.95 per entree, on average) and we settled on two seafood entrees as our choices, including the tilapia. The meals themselves were quite good, served hot and well presented on the plate. The fish was exquisitely prepared with the proper amount of seasoning and the accompanying side items were much better than the standard plate fillers, the jasmine rice being quite tasty in it's own right. The meal itself was thoroughly enjoyed by both of us but let me take a moment to describe the experience as well. The staff, as previously mentioned, was very attentive to the dining room as a whole, including ourselves. Without being too chatty, they were quietly efficient to our needs and had brought out the appropriate courses ( bread,appetizer, entree, dessert) in the correct order AND at the appropriate times, including the aperitif ! The experience was one that you would expect to receive in a five-star restaurant in a major city, but was apparent in this quaint location. Hats off to the owner, immigrants from southeast Asia, whose story is related in a local newspaper article on the wall of the restaurant, for they have instilled a sense of duty and commitment in the wait staff that is rarely exhibited anymore, even in the finest eating establishments.

4  Thank RockyMountainLover1
Reviewed September 7, 2012

12.95 specials if you get there before 630pm. It was one of the best prime ribs I have ever had. We had crab cakes as an appetizer. I savored every bite.

1  Thank Ktravis25