“Great Food, Zero Atmosphere, Friendly Service”

Hightide Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Hightide Restaurant and Oyster Bar is family-owned and operated, and has been a local family restaurant for more than 30 years! Serving seafood, dinners, sandwiches, appetizers, seafood gumbo and oyster chowder, shucked to order oysters on the half shell, steamed or fried seafood, crab legs, soft shell crabs, shrimp, oyster, steaks and chicken. We have a kids menu, desserts, plus beer, wine, sodas, tea and a full service bar.
Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

I ate the best fried shrimp that I’ve ever had along with delicious creamy slaw, huge perfectly baked potato and okay hush puppies. My husband enjoyed his meal and two beers but was a little surprised at the $72 we spent including tip because there’s no view or atmosphere, but has a reputation for quality food. The waitress from Illinois was very friendly. We would go again.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

We headed back to my hometown for birthday celebrations, and picked Hightide for the festivities. We walked in and got seated right away, but when we left.. the line was out the door. Sometimes it pays to eat early (5:00pm). The decor was coastal cozy and the service was attentive. It’s on the water, and I thought we could watch sunset, but it’s an indoor seating type of place. Unless there was another room in back with windows, you could not view it. No worries, we were craving red snapper and they were one of the few places with it on menu. We all ordered red snapper either fried or grilled, and it was wonderful both ways. Fresh garden salad and baked potatoes, everything was great including the half sweet / half unsweet iced tea. Nice place for couples, families or business. We will be back.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 17, 2018

From the moment you walk in, you know you're in an original Gulf Coast restaurant. Everything about says welcome and enjoy good Gulf seafood. I have been going to this place for years and I have never been disappointed. I bet I have had everything on the menu, twice. The oysters are fresh, the grouper fantastic and the shrimp local. I love everything about this place.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

I highly recommend the fresh oysters on the half shell. Their horse relish is a good spicy extra that is a must have. Their prices are very reasonable . The owners are very involved and are more than accommodating and friendly.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Appetizer was oysters both steamed and raw and they were awesome! Triggerfish sandwich was on the menu and was delish.

Date of visit: August 2018