“A Gulf Coast Original”

Hightide Restaurant & Oyster Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch
Description: Hightide Restaurant and Oyster Bar is family-owned and operated, and has been a local family restaurant for more than 30 years! Serving seafood, dinners, sandwiches, appetizers, seafood gumbo and oyster chowder, shucked to order oysters on the half shell, steamed or fried seafood, crab legs, soft shell crabs, shrimp, oyster, steaks and chicken. We have a kids menu, desserts, plus beer, wine, sodas, tea and a full service bar.
Reviewed October 17, 2018

From the moment you walk in, you know you're in an original Gulf Coast restaurant. Everything about says welcome and enjoy good Gulf seafood. I have been going to this place for years and I have never been disappointed. I bet I have had everything on the menu, twice. The oysters are fresh, the grouper fantastic and the shrimp local. I love everything about this place.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

I highly recommend the fresh oysters on the half shell. Their horse relish is a good spicy extra that is a must have. Their prices are very reasonable . The owners are very involved and are more than accommodating and friendly.

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Appetizer was oysters both steamed and raw and they were awesome! Triggerfish sandwich was on the menu and was delish.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed October 10, 2018

Best atmosphere and the service is what you expect to pay for when you come to the beach. Get the crab stuffed fried shrimp! They are awesome. The oysters are great. I compare this to Ramseys Diner in Lexington, KY. It's a go to place with kids, family, or large groups.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

We had a twenty minute wait for seating on a Thursday night after eight, so we figured it would be good, and it was.

Our starter of peel and eat boiled shrimp were ocean fresh and perfectly cooked. If you like slap your mama hot cocktail sauce, ask for extra horseradish when ordering.

I ordered a large seafood gumbo for my entree, and wife the grilled shrimp with a baked potato. Waitress brought my gumbo before we had finished the shrimp appetizer, which we didn't appreciate. It was steaming hot however, giving us time to finish the shrimp while it cooled down.

The grilled entree came with twelve fresh large, perfectly seasoned and cooked tasty shrimp. My gumbo, while delicious, was lacking in seafood and the rice had been cooked in the broth, making it overcooked and mushy. Cole slaw and hush puppies were average. That and the gumbo are the main reason we didn't give this place a five.

The crowded dining rooms are quite loud and the service is sporadic and hectic. We called it organized chaos and it was another reason they didn't earn a rating of five. That said, we would dine here again.