“Great food and Excellent service!”
Review of Rincon Boriqua

Rincon Boriqua
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Athens, AL
“Great food and Excellent service!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I tried this restaurant while on vacation JUST based off the reviews on Trip Advisor and we are glad we did! The food and service was excellent. No joke, it felt as if we were eating at someone's home rather than a restaurant (which is a positive thing). We went early (6:00 pm) and had no wait. There were 6 tables total, one table of 4 was already seated and eating and then us. All the tables filled up by the time we left and people were still coming in the doors. My husband ordered Mofongo - pork with plantains encrusted with pork rinds and a dipping sauce. The hostess/waitress (the owners' daughter) brought us a complimentary serving of fried plantains since we were unsure if we would like them. Also, I had chicken tacos with avacado slices along with beans and rice. OMG! So good! They only had canned/bottle drinks. We tried the Tropi-Cola which is basically a vanilla cream soda (very good). The restaurant is owned by a husband (mexican) and wife (puerto rican). The husband came out and asked how everything tasted and also visited all the other patrons as well. This is a definite must if you're open to puerto rican food. The waitress also told us if we didn't like anything, they would bring us something we did like. We could not leave the restaurant hungry. That was a nice feeling; however, no worries....everything we ordered was to die for! PS: There is nothing over $13 on the menu!!

• Visited July 2013

Brentwood
“You must try it!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My daughter and I ate lunch here while visiting from out of town. We shared the chicken empenadas, beef and cheese empenadas, fried fish tacos, and we shared another item I cannot recall the name of it but it was a large fried ball containing potatoes, beef, seasonings and it was so very delicious! We saw lots of families dining as several different people came in to pick up to-go orders. The restaurant smelled so good with all the terrific smells coming out of the kitchen! It cost $1.49 for a can of diet coke which was flat, so I may pass on the soft drinks next time I visit. The rest of the menu is a great value for the amount and quality of the food.

• Visited July 2013
“Wonderful people, amazing food!!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Such an amazing restaurant! I was lucky enough to hear about this place and come the first week I moved here and have been coming her every week since. I've tried everything on the menu (and Hector has cooked up a bunch of things not on the menu!) and everything is delicious. The chicken tacos and pork tacos might be my favorite.. or is it the burritos... no wait the fish tacos... whatever I've just eaten lately is always my "new favorite." Even better, the family that owns and operates this place are so lovely. Hector truly loves what he does and loves trying out new combinations which are always delicious. His wife Carmen is the sweetest and it always ready with a hug. Two of their children that work there the most often are Paula and Marshall and they are so sweet and funny too! In all, this restaurant is one of those great finds- a neighborhood secret that I can't help but tell everyone about!

• Visited June 2013
“Great food feels like your eating in someone's home”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Authentic, and very very friendly.super helpful explaind all menu items, and made suggestions. The person that cooked the good even came out introduces himself and asked how we liked the food. Such a good experience.

• Visited June 2013
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Great experience”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Tasty and unusual lunch menu, topped with friendly service, made for an enjoyable family gathering. This is a unique hole-in-the-wall restaurant well worth the visit.

• Visited May 2013