“Old Hags Cafe”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We ordered Roast beef for lunch. The roast was very dry. It came with a small portion of mashed potatoes. We heard that it was a good place to eat. But, I guess it has not lived up to it's past reputation. Too expensive for the portation served $8.50 for lunch. The going rate for lunch is $7.00 here locally.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Went to Old Hags for the first time this week with a friend for lunch. I had the roast beef with mashed potatoes and mac and cheese. He had the burger with fries. We were the only people in the resturaunt when we got there. We were greeted by an extremely nice waitress/manager that told us all about the menu. She was very nice and took our drink order. The food took what seemed to be a little too long to come out. My friend said his burger was good and the fries were good, but nothing very special. My roast beef was very good. It was more of a pot roast style than a sliced roast beef, but good none the less. The sides were an absolute joke. The mashed potatoes were smashed red potatoes. They weren't bad, but the portion size was EXTRA small. The mac and cheese was kind of dry. The portion size of the mack and cheese was also EXTRA small. it looked like they had plated it with the smallest ice cream scoop they could find. The resturaunt was clean and inviting. My suggestion would be to increase the portion sizes at the prices they are charging and season the food a little more, because it was pretty bland. Overall.....nice place. Friendly service. just ok food. Very small portions on the sides. I would say this place will not survive if they don't make a few changes.

1  Thank Legendary50
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We were so looking forward to supporting a locally owned restaurant, but our visit to Old Hags Cafe was a huge disappointment. To make matters even worse, we took another couple with us. There were only two people trying to run the business; the cook and one waiter, and, tho they were trying really hard, they couldn't keep up with three tables. It took forever to be served. The waiter couldn't find jam for the biscuits; the food was mediocre. I would never go back.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Old Hags Cafe was the talk of the town when they first opened up. The food was very good and the burgers were out of this world. Then.....we went back. We have 5 people in our party. We had the fired tenderloin, burger, fired green tomatoes, pot pie and the mac and cheese. The burger was half the size of the bun, the tenderloin was not seasoned and had no taste, the mac and cheese (for a child) was spicy. 4yos do not like spicy. Come to find out, we were told the original chef (when they first opened) doesn't work there any more and they hired new cooks. Big mistake on Old Hags part. My parents were in town and I took them there to have a good meal...they offered to pay and I felt so bad for taking them there I felt obligated to pay. I even complained about the quality of the food and the male waiter just blew us off. This place has gone down hill and it would be one of the last places I would take family to eat. If you are looking for a burger, go to Biker Burgers.

1  Thank Z-Foodie69