“Not as good as it used to be.”

Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Delight in watching dolphins leap and sea lions play during our spectacular shows! Or participate and interact directly with these and other remarkable marine animals including stingrays, sharks, and otters in our new interactive programming (additional fee applies). Enjoy educational exhibits and beautiful ocean views. Open daily at 9am.
“Not as good as it used to be.”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I grew up vacationing in Destin as a child and I loved going to the Gulfarium. The dolphin and sea lion shows were entertaining and we were allowed to pet the dolphins at the end. I have not been to Destin for years until this trip.

We took our kids, age 5, 2, and 8 months to the Gulfarium. They enjoyed it but I couldn't help but compare it to my own childhood experience. It looked like the place hadn't been updated at all, which was kind of disappointing. There was no combined dolphin and sea lion show like I remembered. And you can't pet the dolphins at the end of the show anymore, either. The kids didn't know what they were missing and they really enjoyed the touch pool, alligators, and dolphin and sea lion show. It wasn't a total waste of money, but we are planning on making the drive to Gulf World Marine in Panama City next time.

I will say the staff was friendly and helpful. We listened to an alligator talk that was really interesting because they had trained the alligator to come out of the water.

I'm glad we went this once, but we will try something else next time.

Pensacola, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Time”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Gulfarium is a great place to spend time with the family. My daughter is two and enjoyed the dolphin show, the sea lion show and the other aquatic animals. It was a perfect day and since it was in October there weren't many tourists around. The admission was reasonable and offered a military discount. My only gripe about the place is the food they sell. I waited five minutes for french fries that were stone cold. Other than that the staff is well trained and know what they are talking about!

Tennessee
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fun attraction on the beach”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

A nice attraction for families especially with young children. There several small habitat areas showing the plants and animals. Several aquarium displays a few birds but mainly the dolphin tank. The tank has viewing windows to watch from below the water. The dolphin show is pretty good and not too long. You can see a lot and maybe even learn a little without getting exhausted.

Van Buren, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Gulfarium visit”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Gulfarium is a great place to visit if you're in the area. It is not anywhere as big as sea world, but a great place to visit for half a day and the price. Cute marine mammal shows, great aquarium, including a "touch pool" where you can touch all kinds of underwater animals like sea urchins and starfish, and great add-on adventures. For a little extra, you can touch and play with the dolphins, and feed the other animals. My daughter did the VIP for the day and loved all 6 hours! Check out their website. The staff is super friendly, and knowledgable. I ask a ton of animal questions, and they always had an answer, and went into detail explaining. Very educational.

Visited September 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

2 Thank Heather A
Murchison, Texas, USA
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Swam with stingrays and sharks!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is a small park but they offer a lot of programs, such as swim with dolphins, stingrays, sharks.. some others but I can't remember. You probably couldn't spend more than a few hours here, but kids would enjoy it! My husband and I swam in the stingray and shark tank.. we were the only ones too.. it was a blast.. got to touch the stingrays! Staff was friendly too and they have a snack bar and large gift shop.

Visited September 2013