“Great place to visit and major improvements”

Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Delight in watching dolphins leap and sea lions play during our spectacular shows! Or participate and interact directly with these and other remarkable marine animals including stingrays, sharks, and otters in our new interactive programming (additional fee applies). Enjoy educational exhibits and beautiful ocean views. Open daily at 9am.
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We visited Gulfarium on a Friday and was amazed at the number of people visiting, and they said that Fridays actually was one of their slow days. We had been there in Nov 2011, and was disappointed. There really wasn't much to hold your interest The exibits needed updating, you couldn't tell who the staff was and who the visitors were...Overall needed some vast improvements. We were amazed at the difference 6 months could make. It didn't even look like the same park. Everything showed improvements--the dolphin show was great--the staff all had the same type of dress, so if you had questions, there was always someone close by to ask. The exibits had been renovated and there were so many new and interesting ones to see. The otters were so much fun to watch. Also the different interactions you could get the kids involved in. Overall, it was a great experience, and I would definately recommend it to anyone visiting the Ft. Walton Beach area. After seeing the improvements already done in 6 months, I am anxious to return again.

1  Thank Karen B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,118)

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I visited the park on a Saturday morning, and the park was about half full. To my surprise, I was told that typically Saturdays are not as busy as some week days. The park recently underwent a major renovation, and it looks great. If you visited the park before, you will recognize some new and improved things.

I have visited several times in the past, and you can tell the park has made some changes. They now have a large list of things you can do, interacting with the animals directly. My daughter did the harbor seal adventure, and was picked as the "Vet of the Day" where she was able to pet a dolphin. She wanted to snorkel with the sharks and sting rays, but they were full.

If you visit the park, and want to do a animal interaction thing, they have numerous packages. These will turn a just everyday trip to a marine park into a truly memorable experience.

TIP: If you visit, go ahead and sign up for one of their adventure packages. They not only are fun, but informative. I suggest signing up on the internet before going, as they fill up fast.

1  Thank DinkinsGrange
Reviewed June 17, 2012

This is a good to great place to visit, neat shows and fun critters to watch.

1  Thank firebear1961
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We had 2 hours to kill between leaving our resort and going to the airport. With that said, this was a nice place to buzz through. It was clean and the shows were cute. My biggest complaint was that the price was super high. It is very small so it is not an all day activity, nor is it Sea World. They had lots of neat extra animal interactions if you were willing to pay for it. Again, a pricey place but a good way to kill 2 hours if you have kids. Not a must see but do it if you have the time and money.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I brought my girls to see the shows and for the dolphin encounters. All the staff we met were very welcoming and friendly. It's definitely worth a visit, especially if you have children. The shows are very entertaining. The dolphins amazed my girls while the sea lions had them laughing like crazy. The encounters were great experiences for my girls and well worth the money (I especially liked that the staff took photos of the Dolphin Splash as an option to purchase). The only negative about our entire experience was the bleachers for the dolphin show; It's difficult to see the show from some seats (We chose to stand around the pool so we could get splashed). However, it's my understanding that a fix for the bleachers may be on the Gulfarium's "to do list". In all, an excellent experience full of wonderful memories! We will be back!

1  Thank Ebank1