See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 3, 2017

We stayed in this hotel for two nights with my husband. When I checked us in, the guy at the reception was not very communicative, or helpful. He wasn’t rude but he was quite short with me and I didn’t find that very professional.
We expected a nicer view from our room, but as we stayed all day at the beach it didn’t really matter. We were happy with the location – only a short Uber ride from the beach. I know there is a beach right in front of the hotel but it's not as nice as the one when you drive across the bridge - the hotels over there are very expensive though so to stay here for a fraction of the price and go to the beach by car was a very affordable option.
The room itself was fine, we didn’t have any issues with the cleanliness or smell. In fact, we really liked the room, it was refurbished, modern, clean. The only thing we weren’t impressed with, was the safe – anybody could just pick it up and walk away with it. Bed was comfortable and the complimentary breakfast was nice too.
When I was doing our laundry, I ran out of quarters and had to ask the receptionist to exchange some for a dollar. I was happy to see that this lady was helpful, nice and friendly, unlike the man from the previous day.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay here – comfortable night, not far from a beautiful beach, good value for our money.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Tanner f, Manager at Roya Hotel & Suites Bayside, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review your feedback is very important to us. I wanted to give you a few updates on some of our new changes that I know your family is going to love. We a currently in the process of giving back to our customer by doing the biggest renovation in this hotel history. Our plan is to offer out guest the most amazing experience they can have while staying with us. I would love to share just a few key things our renovation will offer our guest. First our rooms will have new lighting, bathrooms will include: new tubs, toilets, flooring, vanities and tile showers. Each room will have fresh painted walls and ceiling. Each room will include top of the line furniture and amenities for every guest to enjoy. Our pool area will include fresh paint, new fence, a kid’s splash pad zone, bathrooms/ dressing rooms and much more. Our private beach will go under an amazing transformation with tones of new sugar white sand, 3 different gazebos, a new dock, dock lighting, amazing beach lighting with all new beach furniture, new fencing and new parking lots/ boat launch. We also will have for the first time different games such as a volley ball area for our guest to enjoy. We will have a covered gazebo deck outside for our guest can eat our hot & healthy breakfast. Our gym will become a full size fitness room with lots off different updated equipment for each of our guest to enjoy, along much, much more things. I wanted to thank you again for your review and I hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 28, 2017

Upon arrival we were disappointed that this was a very old hotel that had renovated rooms. The rooms had modern furniture and the bed was comfortable, but the service leaves a lot to be desired. The few towels that we had, were hard, dingy and you only get 1 set of towels per person per day. We had to request facial tissue and toilet tissue, in addition on one day we had to call several times to get our room cleaned. On one occasion we went to the lobby to use the computer, and discovered that the air conditioned had been turned off in the lobby on a 98 degrees day. I definitely would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms to my knowlege.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Evelyn H
Reviewed July 2, 2017

Booked online for 5 nights, stayed 1 night because we were forced to stay! First of all the picture you see on the website is totally deceptive. When we arrived, the children immediately started complaining because the picture leads you to believe that you will be able to see the pier and the beach right from your room. We spent about 45 minutes trying to cancel the reservation and the Expedia representative called the hotel twice asking them to cancel the reservation also, however, the front desk clerk refused to cancel it. The first room she put us in, we could see absolutely nothing that looked like a pier or a beach and the beds were very small, and the room had a strange odor to it. So after about 45 minutes of stressing how disgusted we were she moved us to a 2nd room that overlooked a pool. We flushed the toilet and it didn't work, the bathroom was not clean, and the carpet in all the hallway areas was very nasty! We complained again and we were moved to a third room. It was nicer overlooking part of the outdoor pool, but we all thought based on the website picture that we would be able to see the pier and beach from our room. We were told we couldn't cancel our reservation, without paying for one night which was a fee of $144.00 plus taxes and fees. Since we were totally disgusted that we would have to find another hotel at the last minute, we went on and stayed one night. We got up that morning and spoke to the manager, Michelle Garcia who arrived to work late that morning about our concerns and even asked her to give us our money back or a partial refund, but she refused stating that the owner lived in Turkey and she had no authority to give us any credit! We packed our things and moved to the Best Western in Destin for the last four nights of our vacation.

Room Tip: Make sure that the picture you see online is a true representation of the hotel room you will be staying in before booking!
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
6  Thank demeharris
Reviewed June 29, 2017 via mobile

The nice pictures posted on line are not reflective of the hotel. This hotel was very old, dirty and had an odor. Upon arrival I asked to view my room and was very disappointed. After a 3.5 hour drive to Fort Walton I took my family and searched for another hotel.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family

2) entering room with stale smoke odor
3) refrigerator didn't work
4) replacement one had lots of frozen ice stained with meat blood
4) shower had zero pressure
5) plug to hairdryer was broken, still plugged in!
6) cigarette burn on bedding
7) half the lights in the room didn't work

After under 3 hours being in that hotel we checked out. Even though we were offered an ungraded room, who the hell would want to stay if that's their hygiene standard.
I showed photos to the front desk person who still wanted to charge us a full night stay. Really!!! Now disputing with credit card company!

I wouldn't send my worse enemy here! Attached some of the photos I took!

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family