This hotel has been going through a renovation. We knew that when we booked our room but the issues we had can not all be contributed to the renovation. To begin with we called this hotel on a Wednesday night to reserve a room for the very next night. When we arrived on Thursday afternoon it took a long time to check in because they couldn't find our reservation. Fortunately my husband had the confirmation # on him. Once they pulled our reservation up using the number they had us down as a no show because we were "supposed to check in the previous night."
We got a room overlooking the water. When we unlocked the door, the weather stripping around the door wasn't secured and started swinging back and forth. Our shower leaked. There is no closet - just a closetmaid type of rack hanging up but ours had fallen down on one side so it was swinging and un-usable. We hung our few clothes on the shower rod and upon returning to our room a couple hours later the rod had fallen down and our clothes were laying in the bottom of the shower soak and wet from the dripping showerhead. There is no carpet in the hallways or rooms and the floor is COLD! Our thermostat was set on 52 degrees when we entered the room and we could never get it to adjust even when we moved it to 80. We finally turned the entire thing off, although after sitting out at the picnic tables on the beach area for a couple of hours with friends, we came back to our room to find that condensation was all over the floor and it was wet and slippery. I slipped but caught myself before hitting the floor.
The final straw was the morning shower. We were here on a business trip. I woke up at 3:30 am and started the water in the shower. I let it run 20 minutes and it never got hot. My husband woke up at 4:00 am to shower. He had a lukewarm shower to begin with and then it turned scalding hot - he couldn't get it adjusted cooler. I will not ever stay at this hotel again. Too many bad things going on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Roya Hotel & Suites is located directly on the Santa Rosa Sound in Ft. Walton Beach. We are proud to offer spacious rooms that overlook the bay and you can enjoy the many beautiful sunsets on the Emerald Coast. Our private beach area is perfect for weddings and families with small children. We also offer a private dock that has 6 boat slips for your convenience. The hotel is just minutes away from the sugar white beaches on Okaloosa Island and Destin and with in a 2 miles radius of fast food and fine dining restaurants to include Waffle House, Red Lobster and the Board Walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Roya Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Bayside Hotel Fort Walton Beach
- Quality Inn Fort Walton Beach
- Fort Walton Beach Quality Inn