“Large comfortable rooms, super breakfast, good rates, nice people”

Roya Hotel & Suites
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Amy and Bill shared the front desk, Samaria Lopez attended the breakfast bar, they were all so kind, capable and lovely, they made are stay a delight. Samaria is a fountain of knowledge, she enabled my wife and I to see the US Air force Museum, and access all the high points of Fort Walton and Destin, the hotel arranged our taxi back to the Airport. We recommend Brits everywhere should stay at the Inn; even our American Cab Company drive 'Pat' was just plain lovely, she adored our accents, we loved hers, we also travelled on the local bus service, the drivers and local passengers were so kind, they changed our view of America, we thank you all, take care Paul and Jill xx

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building, which has rooms for smokers,we acknowledge you can smell tobacco, it...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 25, 2013

the service has been excellent from the moment of arrival with the front desk. maid service was great and breakfast was great and servants were excellent also..the entire staff was extremely helpful in locating points on interest

Room Tip: choose bay side room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I booked this room again based on the reviews, complete disappointment. The carpet was so dirty that I kept my socks on. This made me very uncomfortable, so I slept in my clothes. The tv was something out of the stone age. For the price I paid, I would like a refund. Great trip, sad hotel. Won't stay at this hotel, nor will I stay at any of the Choice properties. If you want a motel this is the one. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: If clean rooms is what you are looking for this isn't the one.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank conconb
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This place exceeded our expectations as the main entrance is very ordinary. The rooms are very large and the ones at the back have lovely view of Santa Rosa Sound and across Okaloosa Island to the sea.
At the back a jetty runs out into the Sound and there is a tiny garden and beach where you can sit out by the water to watch the boats and birds. They could make more of this feature .
Very friendly staff. Samaria in the breakfast room was so helpful - showing us how to make waffles and producing bus timetables and arranging a taxi for other UK guests.
Alongside a park and a good Red Lobster restaurant which also has nice views of the water.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back overlooking the Sound
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Older building, seemed a bit run down. I expected a little better for the price. The carpet throughout my room and the hallway looked pretty bad but it might have been cleaner than it looked, just worn out. The continental breakfast was average. The juice tasted very watery and the hot water for tea was barely lukewarm but there's a decent variety of food. We didn't experience any noise problems, and it'd certainly close to everything so that's a plus. Really, just average in every way.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Amy at the front desk was awesome and very pleasant helped out a lot without any hesitation.smoking rooms not the greatest smelling but non smoking rooms were very clean.Breakfast was verygood.In a nice location close to beaches and shopping

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I paid 106.56 total for my room on a weekday-Not horrible but-The carpet has black marks all over it & was dirty-I had a non-smoking room but my bedspread had a visible cigarette burn on it- One of the dresser drawers had a broken pull & another would not close once it was opened. The inn had a beautiful water view from some of the rooms and parts of the place were being renovated. My safe in my room was rusty and had peeling paint- Poor quality for the price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family