“Great food! ”

Stewby's Seafood Shanty
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: STEWBY'S Seafood Shanty is a small take out and drive thru seafood restaurant in Fort Walton Beach. Offering the most affordable and freshest local seafood. You can eat on our enclosed heated and cooled deck or take it to-go. All our seafood is fresh and locally bought. The fish comes straight of the boats in Destin. Average order time is between 7-9 minutes. So if your in a hurry, don't worry. We'll have you on your way in minutes. STEWBY'S also offers a drive thru window for your convenience. But don't let the drive thru fool you. You don't have to sacrifice quality for convenience. Drive thru and take some to go or stop in and order from the walk up window. STEWBY'S is always providing the best quality seafood at the best price!
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Out of a group of 4 everything we had tasted wonderful! The service was very friendly and food came out quickly. Definitely a treasure!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,881)

Reviewed April 29, 2014

I should start by saying that I own a restaurant in north Georgia. So, I pay attention to detail. These guys are awesome! They have their own system and they have it down to a science. I found this restaurant through trip advisor, they were the #1 in Ft. Walton Beach and they earned that. Our food came of fast and everything was perfect. The portions were fairly large and everything I had was great.

So what did we get. I had the sampler platter and a bowl of gumbo. Now I like to make my own Gumbo from scratch. It is a very long process and easy to ruin. Their Gumbo was delicious and had an outstanding flavor, I was totally impressed. Next, the seafood platter, fried shrimp, oysters and fish. The fried oysters were amazing, the fish was very fresh and the shrimp were a good size and very good as well. It came with hush puppies and two sides. I chose cheese grits, and their beans, both were very good.

Needless to say, I left very full and very happy. I talked with the staff and they were very friendly and attentive. This is a great restaurant. It might be smallish and even a little hole in the wall-ish. But that's where I most often find the best food. I loved it and I highly recommend it to you.

1  Thank Ryan H
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Do not expect 5 stars accommodations but the food is better than some fancier restaurants around town. Great place if you need fast food at a great price.

1  Thank long_horace
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Drove about 6 miles out of our way based on the reviews and it was worth it. My recommends: calamari, shrimp, oysters, hush puppies. It was superb!

1  Thank Robert L
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

The shrimp were fantastic.
Barbecued shrimp and grits are very good but could use more food to fill you up
Scallops were good
We drove from Destin twice in our week long vacation that is worth it
although it is too expensive to fly to for just a meal from Greensboro NC