“The good ol' seafood I miss from growing up here!”

Stewby's Seafood Shanty
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: STEWBY'S Seafood Shanty is a small take out and drive thru seafood restaurant in Fort Walton Beach. Offering the most affordable and freshest local seafood. You can eat on our enclosed heated and cooled deck or take it to-go. All our seafood is fresh and locally bought. The fish comes straight of the boats in Destin. Average order time is between 7-9 minutes. So if your in a hurry, don't worry. We'll have you on your way in minutes. STEWBY'S also offers a drive thru window for your convenience. But don't let the drive thru fool you. You don't have to sacrifice quality for convenience. Drive thru and take some to go or stop in and order from the walk up window. STEWBY'S is always providing the best quality seafood at the best price!
Reviewed July 25, 2013

A little off the beaten path of 98, but that may actually be a good thing! I've visited Stewby's on nearly every visit I've made home since it opened, and I'm never disappointed! This last visit it was time for one of my favs...a fried soft shell crab sandwich. Just as I remembered, with coleslaw and tartar sauce.
Stewby's does it right, with local seafood and an owner with a lifetime of Emerald Coast restaurant experience!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,865)

Reviewed July 24, 2013

In a sea of ramshackle, run-down buildings in this air force town, Stewby's surpassed all expectations. Their fish tacos were done right and delicious. The gumbo was perfect, and the fried items (oysters, shrimp) were fried golden-brown without being too greasy. It's a bit of a drive from our hotel, but it was worth it.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I was actually looking for a more "sit down and get waited on" atmosphere while visiting my daughter & son in law and taking them out to a "special dinner" Although the atmosphere meets the name of the restuarant, the food was "AMAZING" My daughter had the soft shell crab that fell apart when picked up and melted in your mouth. My dish and my soninlaws were just as good!!! Will be back next month when I go to visit again.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great food. Order at the counter and wait on your number to be called. The food was served on plastic plates with plastic utensils. Picnic tables were seating. It's very clean and service friendly. It's a great value for the food. It's basically a mobile home with an enclosed wrap around porch for the dining area.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Found the menu/flyer at the hotel. Checked reviews online..mostly very good & excellent...well, the reviews were right. My husband had the fried shrimp, fish & oysters with potato salad & fries & I had the grilled shrimp with fried okra & slaw. Very tasty indeed. We'll definitely be back on our next trip! It wasn't too far from the strip..worth the drive!