“If you choose to stay here choose the Quality Inn next store instead.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bayside Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bayside Inn
Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
Louisiana
“If you choose to stay here choose the Quality Inn next store instead.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2008

I called the Quality Inn, which is next store to the Bay Side Inn.
They said they don't take pets, and we were going there because of hurricane Gusto. The operator said the only two hotels that take animals are Bayside Inn and Fairway Inn. I said which do you recommend. She said the Bayside Inn and here is the phone number. I thought it was strange she knew the phone number so well. I found out later the owner of the Quality Inn owns the Bayside Inn too. The bad points to the Bayside Inn was the office closes at 11:00 p.m. so I had to pick up the key at the Quality Inn. So if you have a need after 11:00 what do you do? I walked over to the Quality Inn. The ice machines did not work so I again walked over to the Quality Inn. The next morning I went over to the Quality Inn because the office was closed again and there was a nice free breakfast which the Bayside did not offer. The Bayside was very old, the air cond. wasn't on when we arrived at 4:00 a.m. and it was a little hot and musty. The air cond. did not work well. Every time I walked over to the Quality Inn I felt I was sleeping in the servants quarters, at the Bayside, and at the Quality Inn there were dogs everywhere, they made exceptions because of the hurricane. I was upset and went to speak to the manager, who was very rude and had no pity on me. I paid a little less to stay at Bayside and I know it would have been worth it to pay a little more and stay at the Quality Inn. I would not stay at this hotel again. It was not worth the money I paid to stay there. I read the previous reviews after I made my reservations and I was a little nervous after reading them about going there, but I didn't have much of a choice with all the hotels booked up. I went there wanting to leave and give a good reveiw and I told the manager this, but she was so rude there is no way I can honestly give this hotel a good review. I believe in Fort Walton Beach you can find better for the money you would pay to stay here.

• Liked — Front desk help Chris and Sam were very nice.
  • Disliked — Management, office closing and hot musty when arrived, not worth money we paid.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank jeajmkm

Springdale AR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2008

Ok - it's small but it's quiet. The rooms are large and it has a microwave and small fridge. They have a beautiful pool and courtyard and it's just a quick walk to the Waffle House and a little longer walk to Red Lobster. Very close to the beach and the Strip. I will stay there again and I will recommend it to others. The only small complaint is, the doors were hard to open, but being on the water.... wood swells.

Stayed May 2008
OC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2008

by far the worste hotel ive stayed at. I felt like it was a place that gets rented out hourly and I just felt dirty. Our lights flickered in the room when they were on too. pretty freaky.

Ali S., Founder <a href="http://www.prapta.com">Prapta.com</a>

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank uci17ali17
Sioux City, Ia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2008

It was HORRIBLE! I had young children with me and the person checking us in was swearing then saying oh, sorry don't want to offend anyone! OVER AND OVER!

Our room! OH MY, open the door to the nasty smell of must! That room had the worst musty smell ever!! The sheets were NOT on the bed all the way that is cause they didn't fit! The bathtub was full of hair. The floor was full of hair.

Phone didn't work, no phonebook! They are keeping you here! Maybe you will clean up the dead lizard that has fallen to shreds when you try to get rid of it.

The toilet had the last guys leftovers in it. It was just not a good hotel!!!!

• Disliked — it was just bad!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank hunt2eat
texarkana, tx
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2005

we picked rodeway inn years ago on our first trip to fwb. the pool was very small. the room was very small and smelled of pine-sol. the lighting was dim, i think so we couldn't see how really dirty it was in spite of the pine scent. luckily we had only booked one night and were able to move to holiday inn the next night. after several years and different places we make the nautilus condo our vacation home for a week every june now. never had any problems there and love it. fwb is a little far from the action in destin but makes for a great family vacation.

Stayed June 2000
Comfort Inn and Suites
#9 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
Baymont Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach Mary Esther
Courtyard Fort Walton Beach-West Destin
Courtyard Fort Walton Beach-West...
#11 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walt...
#3 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
Marina Bay Resort
Marina Bay Resort
#12 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach

Been to Bayside Inn? Share your experiences!