“Excellent beer and great tasting food!”

Props Craft Brewery & Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Props Brewery & Grill is the location where great people come to meet, eat, and drink our amazing hand crafted beer brewed right here on the premises. Bring the entire family or just come out with friends to watch the games as we have all the NFL and College football games. As we brew amazing beers its important relax, kickback, and enjoy a craft beer in our pub or outside in Props beer garden.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We recently vacationed in Destin, Florida for a week and while exploring the area, we came across Props. We stopped in at lunch time, so it was fairly quiet and easy to find a table.

The interior features a large bar with stools and plenty of tables in the otherwise open dining room. Two features immediately caught my attention: The large stainless steel brew tanks, which are located right behind the bar and are part of the dining room, and the large aircraft propeller, which is mounted in the center of the dining room, serving as oversized fan.

A large blackboard will point out the hand-crafted beers on tap. In addition to the in-house craft beers, Props also offers other local, regional and national brews.

The name props can easily be explained, since the brewery/grill was founded and is operated by two retired USAF members. All crafted beers are named after memorable aircrafts, and the pride in our armed forces are truly visible and noticeable when visiting! While we visited, a large group of the nearby base had lunch as well... As appreciation, Props offers a 10% discount to all military members, and public servants.

The craft brews are excellent and range from mild and blond in color to full-bodied ales and stouts. My personal favorite is the "Blond Bomber". The staff will be happy to bring you small samples to your table first, before deciding on which beer to choose.

And if you like the beer as much as I do, you can also take home a growler with you... Needless to say, I just had to get one to go!

For lunch we decided to start out with the pretzel bites, which is being served with hot cheese dip. My wife had a BLT Chicken Wrap and I decided on the Ale Battered Fish & Chips. Both meals were served in a basket with a large heaping of deliciously seasoned fries... I am still wondering about the seasoning... absolutely delicious. The ale battered white fish was crisp on the outside and juice and tender on the inside. Definitely would order it again. And even for a big guy like me, it was a lot of food. My wife enjoyed her BLT Wrap, which also was fresh and delicious.

The restaurant part just extended with another separate room, which wasn't opened at the time we visited. If you are in the area of Fort Walton Beach, make sure to stop by Props for a cold, refreshing craft beer or some delicious food.

We will be back for sure, the next time we are in the area again!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

This was our first visit here. We arrived around 2:30, so definitely between the rush of lunch and dinner. I ordered the fish tacos which were good and I opted for the salad with it. The ranch was very runny almost water like. My husband ordered a burger that came with cheese, bacon, fried pickles and jalapeno ranch. The burger came out without the pickles and I was convinced they also forgot to put the ranch on as well. So with there only being a few tables of guest I don't see why this should of came out of the kitchen wrong. They do offer a military discount which our waitress added without even asking so that was nice. An overall ok Mother's Day lunch but not sure that I would add this to my "return to" list.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We took the Trip Advisor recommendation and tried out this place last night. It isn't very big, but we did see they have an area closed off. The restaurant is very clean. Numerous tv's for sports. Numerous craft beers to choose from. One in our party ordered the buffalo chicken wrap. If you like your buffalo extra spicy and hit, go for it. I had daily special beer cheddar soup. Very tasty. My husband had a Reuben and it was very good. Check this place out.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

As a craft beer lover and someone who seeks out brewpubs wherever I travel, I was really glad when I found Props in my hometown. I've been there many times in the last year and I always enjoy it. The staff are good people and the food is good pub grub. ALL the beers are excellent. Their IPA, Flying Coffin, is my favorite but the rye, porter, blonde & brown are very good as well. They also keep a handful of excellent guest beers on tap. When you visit the Emerald Coast you should definitely visit Props.

1  Thank BPinMEFL
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Food was good, not great
Had the flight of beer and found a couple I would like to drink again, none that I wouldn't like drink again
Nice simple place with a big propeller ceiling fan - pretty cool
Big bar, good amount of tables, friendly staff
Lots of parking