“Life is a beach” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
georgia
“Life is a beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Great staff, great location; one of the best beaches in the country. Helen Back is a easy walk for pizza and beer on the water. Old Bay Steamer is great eats also in walking distance. Hotel is getting renovated and it looks great.

• 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel is right on the beach in Fort Walton. We only had 1 night to stay but wanted beach access. Rooms are easy walk to the beach and complimentary breakfast was great. Pool is small but who needs the pool with the beach location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Fayetteville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was an average hotel, with an excellent location for access to the beach, and other tourist areas too include dining. The major problem was computer and cell phone connectivity. The parking was not great, the breakfast was excellent as well as the staff. My room was clean as well as the entire hotel, Safety was never a concern. I would return, mostly based on location. It give an awesome oceanview and beach access.

Turangi, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed here on 9-22 to 9-24-13 with my family for vacation.
I had a free stay from my boss for a gift, and even though it was completely free the staff was super helpful and very nice.
I made my reservation with Kevin at the property who was genuinely warm and friendly.
At check in I met Aaron who was also very friendly and genuine as well. Something that is hard to find in this industry. Most people act as if you are bothering them, when all you are doing is trying to check in to a hotel! I had a couple of specifics as far as where I wanted the room to be and he happily gave me a room exactly where I wanted to be. Everyone I encountered seemed happy to be working there. Very refreshing.
I also appreciated the housekeeper not waking me up at 7am.
She came by around 9am (a much more reasonable time)and although I didn't want service, she still gave me fresh linens and toiletries.
This is a small property,however they have semi private porches that open from the outside on the fist floor which is great for quick beach access. Plus it's almost like having an extra room. I loved that feature.
The rooms also appear to be recently renovated.
I would have stayed here my entire trip but I had another free stay at another property so I had to move on.
I will definately stay here again.
Great property.
Great location.
Exemplary staff.

Room Tip: I recommend first floor. The hotel is very small. You won't get very good views of the beach. Th...
2 Thank travelchic123
Iuka, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Clean hotel with great rates and super friendly staff. FREE breakfast was awesome,and with a family of four, that's a BIG money saver for us! Location of the hotel being directly on the beach was the best! Will be back!

Loganville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at this Hampton Inn. And it's the last time I'm staying here as well. Yes, they are on the beach. Great beach. Cant' complain about that. It's a typical Hampton Inn that needs to be bulldozed. I stayed for work and pleasure. moved to what I thought was an oceanview room for the weekend. Great view of the sand dune. Paid for I guess the sand dune view. Thanks. Not! I'll stop here. My days of staying at Hampton Inn's is over.

Room Tip: If you do stay here. And you want an overview room. You have to be on the second floor. Also they ha...
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank BrokerBob
Hamptonfwb, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for your review and value your loyalty to our hotel. I apologize that you were not happy with your room assignment during your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all reservations but occasionally cannot meet every room request. We'd really like the opportunity to invite you back and hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity.

Kind regards,
Rachel Joyce
Gulfport, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife, daughter and I stayed here for a long weekend and really enjoyed our stay. The location is great- we were able to walk right out our door and to the beach! Having breakfast ready every morning so we didn't have to drag a 2 year old out to a restaurant was also a big plus. We will be staying here again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Walton Beach
BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront
BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfro...
#1 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 1,088 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton B...
#2 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 439 reviews
Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Destin- ...
#6 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 869 reviews
Courtyard Fort Walton Beach-West Destin
Courtyard Fort Walton Beach-West...
#12 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 33 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walt...
#3 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 504 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin

Been to Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach? Share your experiences!