“~~Great place for fun in the sun and friendly atmosphere~~” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach

Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
“~~Great place for fun in the sun and friendly atmosphere~~”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Great place and a very friendly staff in all catagories. Planned on staying only one day but with atmosphere and service extended my stay for two more days for more fun in the sun. Being able to reach the beach by walking down the hallway, open the door, and your on the beach is great way to start your morning.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Daniel and Kevin and Jessica worked so hard to be very professional we enjoyed our stay thoroughly . I would recommend this location to anyone. we will walk right outside of our door and then we were on the beach .

• Stayed April 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I made a reservation with the Hampton Inn reservation line. I specifically told the agent the type of room I was looking for. I stated that I was traveling with 6 people- 2 adults, 2 kids and 2 teenagers. I told the agent that I wanted a suite with a separate bed room. The agent booked my reservation for the Easter weekend and stated that she had only one more room left to accommodate me so I hurried and booked it. I thought a room rate of 220.00 was a good deal for a one room suite for a holiday weekend. When I arrived at the hotel the front desk clerk was very friendly and the check-in process went smoothly. I was so happy and excited until I opened the door to my room. There I see a room with 2 beds and a pull out couch with no separate bedroom. I was mortified. Imagine being in a room with no privacy with 4 kids. I immediately called the front desk and was told that they do not have suites at the Hampton Inn, just regular old rooms. I told the front desk clerk that I was told I would be in a suite and was never informed of this. He replied that you are in a suite, a JR suite... Again I was so upset!!! He had the manager to call me back, now at this point I was so mad that my head was pounding but I remained calm and not at all rude. This is one of the reasons for not wanting to go back- I felt like I was lied to twice. The manager said that she is very sorry for my inconvenience and would reduce my rate to the standard room rate. She said your rate is 249.00 and the standard rate is 199.00. My room rate was not 249.00 it was 220.00 and the front desk clerk had already told me earlier that the standard room rate was 169.00. So you see, this hotel tells nothing but lies. She wanted me to feel like she was giving me this huge discount when in fact, she only reduced my rate by 20 bucks... WOW. Now I’m not the type that wants something for nothing but please do not lie to me. I didn't either bother letting her know that my rate is only 220.00 and the standard rate was told to me earlier to be 169.00. I just was like whatever because I did not want to spoil the rest of my trip getting into a confrontation. I JUST WANT TO LET EVERY BODY KNOW WHEN DEALING WITH HAMPTON, TO PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE GETTING WHAT YOU WERE PROMISED AND PAID FOR.

1 Thank veevie75
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hamptonfwb, General Manager at Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. I can assure you that our team is held to high standards of integrity and it's never our intention to be anything less than helpful.. However, I understand how frustrated you must have felt not to get your desired room type. Please contact me directly so I can gather more details and help alleviate any concerns as well as appropriately address your comments with our team.

Kind Regards,
Rachel Joyce
North Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Very nice hotel, not too big. The service from the front desk clerks, the breakfast area, the cleaning people, was all very friendly and efficient. The rooms were large, and very clean, and equipped with a good size mini refrigerator, and microwave. Plus, the hotel was right on the beach. There was plenty of parking.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Sitting_Storm
Fairfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We did enjoy our stay at this Hampton. As reward members, we always look at a Hampton first. The rooms in this hotel were very clean, and nicely maintained. It is a very quick walk to the beach, and some restaurants. Each room has a microwave and small fridge. Our room had a nice balcony with a small view of the beach. Check in and check out were fast.

The staff was pleasant, but didn't really go out of their way to help us with requests. After checking in, we went down to the front desk to request an extra pillow. We were told that there were no extra ones. On the way back up to the room, I saw some in the housekeeping room. I asked the housekeeper if we could have one, and she said we had to call the front desk, so we gave up on that. Our first morning there we woke our children up early to go to breakfast. When we got down to the lobby there was NOTHING left. It was 9AM and a sign clearly stated that breakfast was served until 10AM. I went to the front desk, and asked if they were going to replenish the food, and I was told that they were not, because it was over at 10AM. They were not even willing to give my children some cereal. We never attemped to eat breakfast there again, so not sure if this was a one time thing or not. None of the staff was nasty, but just not willing to do anymore than they had to. Even though that ticked me off, I would not hesitate to book a room again.

Room Tip: They have limited rooms that face the beach, so book early if you want one of those.
1 Thank smoochums
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Pool was full of kids and was small, no opportunity for my fiancé and I to enjoy it. Hotel has only 2 floors and is in between two several floor buildings, hard to find. I originally requested a king size bed to enjoy my vacation in with my fiancé and received a two queen bed room that would not be switched to a king. When I brought it to the front desk's attention, they stated the Hilton honors people who were staying there had our room and that they couldn't give me a king bed room even though I reserved my room a month ahead of time. Looks run down. Just a poor stay experience. Will not be staying again.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Dehnelja84
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate the type of room you reserved and for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Although we strive to accommodate our guest with exact reservations, at times we do no thave the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. We further apologize for any disturbance cause by our younger guests and have shared your comments with our security team. We do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us again so we might show you the quality hotel experience you expect and deserve from us.

Rachel Joyce
850-301-0906
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Walton Beach
BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfront
BEST WESTERN Ft. Walton Beachfro...
#1 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 1,073 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Fort Walton B...
#2 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 420 reviews
Four Points by Sheraton Destin- Ft Walton Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Destin- ...
#6 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 859 reviews
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walt...
#3 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 496 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin
Courtyard Fort Walton Beach-West Destin
Courtyard Fort Walton Beach-West...
#12 of 31 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 30 reviews

Been to Hampton Inn Ft. Walton Beach? Share your experiences!