“Large Groups Welcomed”

Clemenza's at Uptown
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2018

The restaurant was ready for our large group and we were seated at a wide rectangular table so we could see and hear each member and it was easily wheel chair accessible. The "cellar" was perfect without distractions of other diners. The chairs were very comfortable for our older guests. The personable owner chatted with us briefly which was a nice touch.

Our server handled our large group single handedly. Our wait was not long for such a large party and all entrees came out within a few minutes of each other. He was attentive throughout our meal.

Everyone raved about the food with selections from sandwiches, pasta, seafood stuffed crepes and pizza. I had the spaghetti carbonara. It had a wonderful flavor and the bacon smoky sweet. A slightly thicker sauce would have made it easier to have all the deliciousness stick to the al dente pasta or a little more cooking of the pasta would have soaked it up more, but that is a personal preference as a "non-Italian"!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 3, 2018

We loved Clemenza's. The atmosphere is very welcoming. The menu has so many choices that it was difficult to decide what to have. The service was excellent. I had the pasta Emilianna, it was delicious. My husband had the Seafood combo on linguine, which he loved. They have an extensive wine list. Their desserts were the best part. We had the Tiramisu and a perfect Cannoli. You won't be disappointed, just be sure to make reservations.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

Is not like the one i used to get an italy but it is very good. I recommend making a reservation if you are planning friday or saturday night visit. Service was excellent and fast

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed August 19, 2018

So goes the quote from The Godfather movie...it's on the backs of their shirts. We dropped in for dinner and had a great meal. The service was very good and our food was excellent. The neighboring table had pizza and it looked very good... we plan on returning soon.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

I decided to try Clemenza’s for lunch based on a friend saying it was great. My go to dish at any Italian restaurant is eggplant parm in terms of rating them. So eggplant parm it was.

I started off with a side salad. It was ok, nothing special. Mostly lettuce. Did have a nice homemade dressing.

The eggplant parm was interesting. First, the skin was left on which can be distracting. Second, the sauce was a vodka sauce instead of marinara. Very mild flavor. The eggplant was freshly fried. Served atop some spaghetti. I’ve had better and worse.

I would give Clemenza”s another try for dinner and maybe try their pizza.

Date of visit: August 2018