“Good food, beautiful view”

Black Pearl Island Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Black Pearl Island Grill brings a unique culinary adventure from the islands! Escape to paradise with Caribbean eats, vibrant cocktails, and coastal breezes right off the Gulf of Mexico. Featuring locally sourced seafood, premium angus beef, and organic produce with flavor and flair of the islands in every bite. The Black Pearl chef delights in introducing you to tropical tastes and new recipes. Complement each experience with a wide variety of Caribbean infused cocktails, selected wines, and other signature beverages. Crafted with large open windows overlooking the glistening waters of the Gulf, The Black Pearl offers unforgettable sunsets over beautiful sugar white sand in a casual yet cozy atmosphere. The charming burgundy wood mixed with pops of vibrant colors create a blend of the cozy ambiance of Havana with the vibrant warmth of Key West. The casual yet intimate atmosphere makes this relaxed eatery the perfect dinner destination for locals, visitors, date nights, families, and foodies alike. The colorful, hand-painted frames of old photos of beach bombshells, Hemingway hopefuls, and fortunate fisherman line the walls with distressed wooden fish and French Quarter inspired lighting. The Black Pearl offers a friendly beach atmosphere with top-notch customer service completing each experience.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I know that The Black Pearl, takes a hit, on the reviews here, but we've never had an issue. Well, the 2X, that we've been there. I don't think it's awesome food - it's pretty good. But, our service has always been awesome and my kids love it. Mostly, my daughter loves the wood-fired crab legs. There IS something very appealing about them - the shells are nice and crispy versus soggy and wet. I got a blackened Mahi sandwich, our first night in, and it was really tasty. The ciabatta was nice and soft, the fish was flaky and the shoestring fries were salty and crispy. I have no complaints.

1  Thank MrsCabes

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I stopped for a quick drink and an appetizer so I sat at the bar. The bartender was one of the rudest that I have experienced in a long time. I was able to see that she was rude to other customers, as well. She, surely, did not care about her job. The Bloody Mary was good thanks to Zing Zang mix and the wasabi encrusted seared tuna appetizer was good. All in all, I will never return. That is unfortunate as I have a home in Gulf Breeze and pass by the Black Pearl all the time.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We arrived somewhat early so the staff wasn't very busy.We felt welcomed and were treated well.
Our table was on the beach so we enjoyed watching the kids play and others playing volley ball.
Dinner started with a very good warm bread and oil.I had excellent crabcakes and my husband had grouper that he really enjoyed.I would recommend The Black Pearl for the food,service and a lovely atmosphere.I believe the cost averaged around 30.00 a person.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

understaffed,overpriced,and over cooked. snotty @ss waitress never brought a second drink, which I needed to get rid of the taste from the driest mahi mahi I have ever had. we were rushed out because it was busy,so really it was our fault we had a bad exprerince ...pricks....

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Bread with oil, vinegar and herbs/seasonings was great! Spinach salad, shrimp, steamed veggies and drinks were all wonderful with a terrific seaside view.