“Teach some of your employees manners please!”

Black Pearl Island Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Black Pearl Island Grill brings a unique culinary adventure from the islands! Escape to paradise with Caribbean eats, vibrant cocktails, and coastal breezes right off the Gulf of Mexico. Featuring locally sourced seafood, premium angus beef, and organic produce with flavor and flair of the islands in every bite. The Black Pearl chef delights in introducing you to tropical tastes and new recipes. Complement each experience with a wide variety of Caribbean infused cocktails, selected wines, and other signature beverages. Crafted with large open windows overlooking the glistening waters of the Gulf, The Black Pearl offers unforgettable sunsets over beautiful sugar white sand in a casual yet cozy atmosphere. The charming burgundy wood mixed with pops of vibrant colors create a blend of the cozy ambiance of Havana with the vibrant warmth of Key West. The casual yet intimate atmosphere makes this relaxed eatery the perfect dinner destination for locals, visitors, date nights, families, and foodies alike. The colorful, hand-painted frames of old photos of beach bombshells, Hemingway hopefuls, and fortunate fisherman line the walls with distressed wooden fish and French Quarter inspired lighting. The Black Pearl offers a friendly beach atmosphere with top-notch customer service completing each experience.
“Teach some of your employees manners please!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I went on Valentines Day. The female bartender said something rude to me which I let go. During dinner she sent over a drink to my boyfriend that she bought. REALLY??? LEARN SOME MANNERS. We wont be back. Our food waitress was awesome and the food was great though

Valparaiso, Florida
“So romantic”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Me and my husband went here while we were visiting the gulf coast and wanted a romantic place to enjoy each other and this was for sure the right place. The view overlooking the gulf was great and our server was there for us any time we needed anything. I had the a combo platter with fish, snow crab, and lobster. It was very good and my husband tried the grouper and steak. He seemed to enjoy his as well. All in all we would recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice romantic setting.

Visited January 2013
Niceville, Florida
“love this place!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Had the crab dinner a few different times within the last year and it was wonderful! The staff is on top of keeping your drink full and attending to any needs. Great view of the Ocean and fast service

• Visited February 2013
Windsor, Canada
“The Black Pearl is a 'pearl' of a restaurant!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I visited The Black Pearl last night after a full day of shopping on the island. We were exhausted and wanted a place away from home that would offer good food and excellent service; we were in the mood to be pampered. The subdued lighting and the rustic decor was pleasant and comfortable. Our table overlooked the sandy beach of the Gulf of Mexico and the view was beautiful. On warmer evenings the windows can be lifted and anchored to a sturdy chain which hangs from the ceiling. The breezes off the Gulf waffle through the dining room and you can smell the fresh salt air.

I ordered the Cajun pasta and my husband had a New York sirloin; the entrees along with the stuffed mushrooms and bacon wrapped scallops were excellent and perfectly prepared. We stayed for a bit following our dinner and spent some time speaking to our waitress who was very interesting and pleasant.

If you travel to the Gulf and spend some time on Okaloosa Island you need to put this restaurant on your list of 'places to visit'. Believe me when I say that you will not be disappointed, we have already made arrangements to return!

• Visited January 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fair”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

waiter seemed a little un trained . grilled shrimp was cold , coconut almond rice was lacking both.
wine selection was too small.

• Visited January 2013