“Special find”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I took my husband here for lunch, for his xx birthday. We wanted something different, not touristy, with delicious taste treats. We read the Trip Advisor reviews and this restaurant sounded great. And it was. The service was perfect...not overbearing. The waitress explained the specials. We had to try the gazpacho soup, French onion soup, and the sautéed blue crab claws. All awesome. Fresh baked rolls, too. The waitress suggested splitting the "slightly" blackened redfish main course since it was on the large size. This was perfect, plenty for 2. We shared the French Silk pie for desert which really set off the whole meal. Prices were fair for the portion sizes. 2 thumbs up with a return visit planned!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Great food on the bay side of Ft. Walton. Much better value than the tourist places on the beach. Food is beautifully prepared, with imaginative dishes. Service was a bit slow but acceptable. Dining by the water is available, but muggy. Definitely worth seeking out--our best dinner in Ft. Walton.

2  Thank 2Esq.
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Food was amazing. My boyfriend & I came here for dinner. We sat outside and watched the sunset. Food was really good. We had the crab cakes as an appetizer and I had the sea bass entree which was amazing.
Service was some of the best I've ever had, nice young man named Auston. He really made our experience. He recommended the food and the wine. I will definitely come back.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Nice place. Off the beaten path. Right on the water. I think there's outdoor seating if the weather is nice. It's a little hard to find, so check GPS or mapping software.
The Grouper Wellington was excellent.
My wife and I shared a green salad, each had an entree, and the portion sizes were perfect such that we had a little room left for dessert.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

If you want a nice, quiet and enjoyable dinning experience, surrounded by locals and not a pack of tourists ..... find the BAY CAFE. The staff and service are great, the menu is varied, there is something for all. Try any of the fish dishes, all wonderful, the mussels are a treat. I recommend the BAY CAFE - 150% - I will be back on my next visit to the Fort Walton area.