“All Excellent”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I try to eat at the Bay Cafe on every visit to Ft Walton Bch. FL. They always have excellent food and excellent service. On Saturday, I started off with their Escargot in pastry; my wife had the Gaspacho. No disappointments there for either of us. For the main course she had the Amberjack with lemon sauce, and I had the special, Grouper with artichokes--pricey but worth it. Both sauces were tasty and well prepared. The service was attentive. We sat outside on the veranda--dockside. It was very comfortable, quiet with great ambiance. The Bay Cafe is tucked away under the Brooks Bridge so get good directions.

There are newer reviews for Bay Cafe

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This place is just excellent, but on the expensive side. Our bill for two was slightly over $100 but we did it up...two glasses of Merlot, 3 appetizers, 2 main courses and a dessert with coffee. Still, if you're looking for a romantic evening with excellent food and service, this is it. Wonderful menu and several specials to choose from, extensive wine list, a bit limited on deserts and I would love for them to have some specialty coffees, but a lovely atmosphere with optional outside seating which is particularly nice on an early fall evening.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I went here as part of a women's lunch group and the service was disjointed. Our food arrived so far apart, 2 people were finished before most of us were even served. The menu was limited and I wasn't that impressed with the food. It was also uncomfortably hot inside and the servers did not seem pleased that we were there. I have lived in this area for 43 years and have always hears what a great place this is. My one trip will be my only trip.

1  Thank webbgirl49
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We went here for lunch and just happened to find this place driving around. We sat outside. This Restaurant sits on the bay...we ordered 3 appetizers. Crabcakes, sauteed crab claws and mussels in a white wine sauce- All 3 were amazing! Perfect seasoning and flavor. Go check them out!

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful menu, had trouble deciding! Great views. Kids loved it. The server was very knowledgable and helpful. Great desserts!