“Good Food nice view...”

Original Waterfront Crab Shack
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Murchison, Texas, USA
“Good Food nice view...”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We ate here for lunch.. I had a goupon :0) We started with the crab dip.. TO DIE FOR!!!... I had the SS Crab.. which I didn't like.. not their fault.. I just wanted to try something I'd never had. My husband got the lunch speacial it was a fish sandwich.. he like it.. I also had a mixed drink. The view is nice and prices reasonable.

• Visited September 2013

Kettering, Ohio
“Loved the food”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The dinner was great. The food plentiful and great tasting, well prepared.

The best views of the intercoastal were in the smoking section. Restaurant needs to go smokeless. At least cigar-less.

Visited December 2013
Springville, Alabama
“2 out of 3 times it was bad.”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We've been here 3 times. Once about 5 or 6 years ago and it was great. We went last year and again in December 2013 and it was terrible. I think it was some type of frozen preformed processed burger, much like Burger King but a little bigger We ordered the food and it wasn't very good. My burger was cold and undercooked to start with. I asked the waitress to bring it back and cook it some more, when I got it back it was way over done. It was as if I was a bother and fixing the food, I was paying for, was a chore. The waitress was fairly inattentive after that and seemed mad or that we had offended her. I never even got a refill on tea. I could understand if the place was busy but it was at 1:30 on a weekday. I finally just asked for the check and over paid for food I couldn't even eat. I don't know what's happened to the place in the last few years but it's gone down hill, to me. I just know that my friend and I won't be back. He had his own trouble with the food and wait staff... maybe he'll write his own review. I can only tell what happened to me and the disappointment I had at The Crab Shack.

• Visited September 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“good food”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed at Ft Walton for a week and eat here twice. Once for lunch and once for dinner. They have very good lunch specials. The service was good both times.

• Visited November 2013
Tennessee
“Cute restaurant on the beach”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The restaurant is a typical beach eatery with very nice views of the water and the sunset.
The food was very good. There is plenty of outside seating for nice weather. The outdoor enclosed bar area was quite "smokey", but inside was fine. The service was great and the servers were very attentive and friendly. I had steak, which was good considering it's a seafood place and my husband had crabcakes and oysters which he enjoyed. Recommended!!

• Visited November 2013