“Wonderful Experience!”

Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
florida
“Wonderful Experience!”
Reviewed March 7, 2011

We recently traveled to Fort Walton Beach from Jacksonville Florida for a two-day BMX state race. Emerald Coast BMX listed several hotels close to the track in the application packet given to participants; Comfort Inn was one of those listed. Having never been to Fort Walton Beach I decided to research the area on the web unfortunately, very little was out there regarding hotels, dinning etc. I decided on this hotel after reading the reviews. I can honestly say I was very pleased with Comfort Inn from the first. The lobby was clean and open and furnished with a modern style. I was immediately greeted by the front desk clerk who was friendly and informative offering information on the location of the elevators, pool f itness facility and breakfast room. My total check in time was under five minutes! When I located my room I was concerned that it was not very far from the elevators and ice machine and was afraid that I would be hearing a lot of noise from both during the night. Those fears were completely unfounded, as I never heard a sound from either the ice machine or the elevator during my stay. Upon entering the room I was overjoyed to find it totally spotless, spacious and well equipped (our room had a microwave, refrigerator and a fold out couch in the seating area) the air system was quiet and worked well and the window well insulated, as we never heard street noise. As further testament to the overall quiet of the room we had a severe thunderstorm come thru the area and the thunder was so muffled we slept easily!! The indoor pool is very nice and the pool area clean not to mention safe as a door key is required for entry (also true of the fitness area) The breakfast room is open, clean and offers muffins, juices, cereal, waffles and a selection of fruits. As an added bonus there is a small computer area with printers and shedders in the lobby; wi-fi is offered at the hotel for free as well. Overall this hotel exceeded my expectations!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed March 6, 2011

The staff was very friendly and efficient. I used a booking agency and check-in lasted maybe a min. The room however was a different story. Let me begin by saying that the beds were made and wicked comfy, everything else...well...after driving all that way, of course the first thing I had to do was go use the facilities. O my goodness-there were pubic hairs in the toilet! Ok-it's a toilet, no biggie right-my sis goes to run a hot bath and what do you know! Yep, it was the pubes again!! We'd already called the front desk once to let them know that the tub wasn't working properly-were not offered another room-so we had a feeling calling back probably wouldn't do any good. So we cleaned the tub ourselves, stuck a washcloth in the drain-no stoppers-and went ahead and took our respective baths. While she was in the bath, I went to call for pizza and turns out the only number the phone would dial was front desk!! So I used my cell, in the process of looking up pizza number, I discovered a rather thick layer of dust on nearly everything I touched-except for the beds. The beds are the only good thing I really have to say about this establishment...they were made and comfortable. End of story.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank nursekatie2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed January 3, 2011

Stayed here once before. Room was very clean, bed was comfortable. Great staff. Everything worked in the fitness room and pool and hot tub were great. Highly recommended. Not a lot of frills, just a good clean quiet place to stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
HATTIESBURG
Reviewed July 30, 2010

My family and I really enjoyed our stay at this Comfort Inn. It was very roomy and very clean. Staff was friendly and made us feel welcome. I booked two rooms and noticed that the rooms facing Pizza Hut were bigger, so be sure to as for a room on that side if you want a larger suite. Next time I'm in the Ft. Walton/Destin area it will be my choice of stay!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 10, 2010

Comfort Inn and Suites is a very good hotel for leisure travel. It has a huge variety of food at the free breakfast (muffins, danish, waffle maker, whole counter full of coffee machines, different kinds of bread, yogurt, oatmeal, whole milk, 2% milk, orange and apple juice, good assortment of cream cheese, jams, jellies, butter,bagels...) The rooms were very well decorated with a modern style theme. The rooms were spacious and included a good quality flat screen T.V. that had a wide range of channels (news, cooking, etc) The room was clean and I did not have to ask for anything. The pool area was clean and had towels and a shower head and a bubbling spa. The pool was from 3 to 5 feet. The pool area had chairs and tables. The fitness area had a treadmill, a heart extercise machine thing and a bicycle and water fountain, and tv. The hotel's elevators were slow but VERY smooth and it even said phrases like "going up"or "third floor"or "going down". The hotel itself looks new and is located next to a Pizza Hut. The beaches were on Okaloosa Island which was about a 5 minute drive. Service was good. There was a meeting room and an office area with 2 computers and a free printer that was good quality. The hotel felt very safe and had 4 floors. There was no mold in the bathrooms and when we asked for an extra bed, they moved us to a room with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed without complaint even though they would have to clean for a second time. The pillows were soft and the blankets were smooth. The ice machine was working (there was an ice machine and vending machine on each floor) At 6 o'clock, there was some music going on in the next room but it stopped. The walls were thick and we couldn't hear the people in the neighboring room except for the loud music. The lobby area is very spacious and a person could live in there. There is a separate TV area. Overall, an EXCELLENT stay and I will never forget it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Central Illinois
Reviewed February 1, 2010

Did not choose this place, choice was made by my employer. Room, amenities, and cleanliness was average, nothing to shout about. I don't think the room was vacuumed the entire time (24 days) I was there. I know the place was dusted one time, because I wrote my initials in the dust on the TV stand one day and they were gone the next day. Taking a shower was a gamble. The hot water was variable, as in none available to scalding. Notifed the front desk about this problem (day 2 of stay) and was told "we are aware and have been trying to fix the problem for a while". Problem was still happening the last morning I was there. All employees were friendly and pleasant. Over all place was adequate at best.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Kuwait
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Decided to take a quick weekend trip for the heck of it, as I love the Destin area. I normally have a reservation somewhere, but since I left on a whim, I just hoped to find something decently priced and nice.

I am normally not a huge fan of certain chains of hotels, but I was tired of driving and decided to pull over for the night since this property looked fairly new on the outside. Well, I am happy I did. It was very busy, but I didnt wait long. The front desk rep was working all alone, and I am sure she had a long and tiresome day, but she gave those that were in front of me a quick and professional check in. She was very helpful, and courteous.

The hotel is very modern looking and sleek. I was given a nice king suite, as the hotel was booked to capacity. Comfy bed, nice bathroom and flat screen television, I couldnt really ask for more at the time, especially since I was truly looking for a safe and good night's sleep.

If you don't really care about having coast views and being beachfront, I highly recommend this property. It is not as costly as staying in other places at times I am sure, and definately serves its purpose if you are not looking for large hotel or resort type amenities and come to the area for the sand, sun, and shopping!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
ComfortFortwaltonBch, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 30, 2009
It was our pleasure having you stay with us. Please come back and stay with us next time you are in our area!