“Had an excellent stay, hope nothing has changed!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Comfort Inn and Suites
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Fort Walton Beach
U.S.A
“Had an excellent stay, hope nothing has changed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

Decided to take a quick weekend trip for the heck of it, as I love the Destin area. I normally have a reservation somewhere, but since I left on a whim, I just hoped to find something decently priced and nice.

I am normally not a huge fan of certain chains of hotels, but I was tired of driving and decided to pull over for the night since this property looked fairly new on the outside. Well, I am happy I did. It was very busy, but I didnt wait long. The front desk rep was working all alone, and I am sure she had a long and tiresome day, but she gave those that were in front of me a quick and professional check in. She was very helpful, and courteous.

The hotel is very modern looking and sleek. I was given a nice king suite, as the hotel was booked to capacity. Comfy bed, nice bathroom and flat screen television, I couldnt really ask for more at the time, especially since I was truly looking for a safe and good night's sleep.

If you don't really care about having coast views and being beachfront, I highly recommend this property. It is not as costly as staying in other places at times I am sure, and definately serves its purpose if you are not looking for large hotel or resort type amenities and come to the area for the sand, sun, and shopping!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ComfortFortwaltonBch, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 30, 2009
It was our pleasure having you stay with us. Please come back and stay with us next time you are in our area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

I stayed in this hotel this summer & when we went in to get a room they put in room 406. We had driven 10 hours that day & were ready to lay down for a few minutes. When we opened the door, they had put us in a dirty room! So we called down and they said well we will put you in room 408 so we go out and the house keeping staff tried to open the door and it wouldn't open. The manager came up and said well we will put them in room 404, then the housekeeper informed them that it was dirty. SO they ended up making stay in room 409 for an hour while they cleaned room 408. They told us not to lay on the bed or anything. Let me remind you we had just driven 10 hours! So when the hour was up the lady knocked on our door and said give us just 15 more minutes to vaccum and dust, by this time I was irrate!! It was absolutely ridiculous!! Neeless to say even though we had to wait forever the rooms where very nice.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ComfortFortwaltonBch, Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 29, 2009
We are sorry for your less than pleasant stay, we hope in the future you will come back and give us a second chance. We are a brand new hotel and our staff is one of the best!
Sandusky, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2009

I am writing this review literally within an hour of checking in. From the moment I walked in, I was greeted by the wonderful desk clerk who had me checked-in 60 seconds later. As we walked into the room, we realized how wonderful our stay was going to be. The decor of the room is wonderful, not to mention the cleanliness. At this point, even if I do encounter a problem, I will look the other way because of my first impression. Convenient location, wonerful rooms, at a hotel ownwer, I give this place an A+.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
comfort inn 137 miracle strp pkwy fwb
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2009

we stay for 5 nights unfortunately. the first day the room was clean. day 2 roach#1 showed up and died by the garbage can . day 3 roach #2 showed up and was running across the floor. we killed it. day 3 still not vacuumed the floor or put put any cleaner in toilet , cleaning person swished brush w/out bleach in toilet. bathroom & toilet smelled disgusting . Same wet towel stayed on floor for 3 days.day 4 floor vacuumed to clean up evidence of roaches. my daughters pillow case was never changed out I know shes a messy toddler w drinks. don't expect an apology just a nice little joke about the PALMETTO BUGS aka LARGE COCKROACHES. DAY 5 glad to be gone if your wondering why we stayed there we only slept there at night , day time we were gone being tourists.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Central Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2009

My family came to Fort Walton Beach for Spring Break, 2 adults & 2 kids (13 & 9). Other properties were cheaper, but this was a great value. The motel seemed brand new. Very comfortable rooms. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast daily from 6-10 had fruit, waffles, milk, juices, cereals, danish and bagels. Nice small indoor pool open 7-11. Flat screen TV and cable in room. Beaches are a short drive away. We would stay here again and recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family