“Not bad”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Michigan
“Not bad”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

It is what it is. Great BBQ? Not necessarily. Good BBQ? You bet. Never had a bad meal here, it's always been dependable and if you go away hungry, that's your fault. There is always a special. I've been going to this location over 10 years and it's always good. The service has always been good and the waitstaff friendly. Good choice for a quick good BBQ meal.

Freeport, Florida
“Time to eat”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Sonny's has always had decent BBQ, and I enjoy the salad bar, however on this visit I was disappointed. My wife and I had placed our order and both had ordered the salad bar, the waitress said she would bring the plates and left. We waited and waited finally my wife said our waitress was just standing at the window to the kitchen either waiting for an order or talking to the kitchen staff, I don't know which. We continued to wait and a few minutes later the salad plates arrived, hot to the touch. No matter, we went up and fixed our salad and sat back down at the table, before I could unwrap my silverware the waitress brings our dinner to the table. So of course the salad has to go to the side since I wanted my meal hot. After I finished the BBQ I started on my salad I took a bite and then noticed the lettuce...it was brown and slimy and it just wasn't one piece but several, this salad lettuce should not have been served. We just got up paid our check and left, we will not return to this Sonny's, if this is what they are serving on their salad bar no telling what they are doing in the kitchen.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank poorbarney
Mandeville, Louisiana
“Delicious food.”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I'm from Louisiana, came to Fort Walton for a mini vaca. It was raining and we came to Sonnys and I had the pulled pork sandwich and a side of corn bread. It was delicious. Service was good. Will definitely go back.

• Visited July 2013
Alma, Wisconsin
“Wonderful BBQ”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great service, fast friendly and the BBQ was awesome! We went early so it wasn't crowded, I dont know about the late evening crowd though. Nice view too.

Visited June 2013
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Not Even a Little Bit Impressed”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our family went here on Sunday, much to my dismay. I am not a big fan of barbeque so I ordered the Fried Shrimp. What a mistake that was -- it was awful. The other two people in my group ordered the pulled pork sandwich and I noticed neither one of them finished it or asked for a to-go box. The cornbread that I ordered with my meal was soggy and I'm still trying to figure out how they screwed up corn-on-the-cob.

If I never go back it will be too soon.

• Visited June 2013