$262
HIExpress.com
$414
$346
HolidayInn.com
Comfort Inn and Suites(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
$172
$135
ComfortInn
$318
$254
Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
$282
$269
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
$199
La Quinta
Best Western Ft. Walton Beachfront(Fort Walton Beach)(Great Value!)
$269
$256
Hotels.com
Emerald Coast Inn & Suites(Fort Walton Beach)
$170
The Island, by Hotel RL(Fort Walton Beach)
$289
All reviewsparking garagelazy riverpool arealily padszero entrybunk bedswater featuresan umbrellagreat place for kidsbeach servicebeach chairssplash padokaloosa islandparticular unitfamily vacationcloser to the beachthese condos
Reviewed September 4, 2009

The front desk was not friendly at all @ check-in or check-out. Our room was dirty when we arrived - dirty carpet & rugs, drawers, pot holders, etc. Hairs in bed, thick dirt on ceiling fans/bathroom fans. Found stuff all over floor (ie. q-tips, crayons, hair pins). We rented from Windfall Property Mgmt & I called him as soon I found hairs in bed, he offfered to have housekeeping come, but I had already thrown sheets in washer. I continued to find the rest of the stuff later & didn't e-mail him until we got home. Has been a week and haven't heard back from him. The condos are nothing special for the price. We were in 412A - view of pool area was good and view of ocean was adequate.
The water-park area is nice for young children. The lazy river isn't relaxing because you have to dodge waterfalls & sprays of water. The continued noise of the waterfall was a little annoying, but okay. Water in pools is very cold.
Beach access is nice. Location was good. Like staying in the Ft Walton Beach area.
Found this to be a resort for families with young children and wouldn't want to be there during busy season.
Workout room is nice. Security was very friendly. (but, one evening, only had 1 on duty & we encountered 2 couples in hot-tub drinking from glass bottles and liquor bottles, a little drunk and had to tell security what they were doing, he had walked right by them and didn't notice)
My main complaint is the rental mgmt - I had went thru Vacation Rental By Owners and didn't know until making final arrangments that this person was not the actual owner of the properties. And, then not acknowledging our concerns after he got his money.
Resort is too high priced for the quality of condos.

4  Thank tjcleve
Reviewed September 4, 2009

Great condo resort. Stayed in B618. The B side gets the morning sun and afternoon shade Perfect unit. Tastfully decorated. Comfortable furniture and master bed. Perfect location in Resort since you are halfway in the building. You have great ocean views and can also enjoy the pool views since they are fabulous. This is the place for families and kids. A few must knows. No hairdyers, no large ice machines, limited toliet paper and dishwasher detergent. Plan on a few trips to the grocery store. The positive. There is a Fudpuckers right across the street and a Cash's liquor store for supplies. Grills all around the pool area for cooking out. Bring a cooler for the pool and beach. Not as commercialized as Destin, but it is only 6 miles away. A perfect place for couples with small kids. Couples can enjoy a tropical island feel while kids enjoy the pool. Plenty of friends to be made here. A must vacation spot!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Rebajetgirl
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Stayed at Waterscape last week. The room was just fine. Once we realized the horrible smell was the a/c we called and they came out and fixed it. The room got cooler and the smell went away. The pool area is very large, and also quite crowded. Very much a spring break with familes style atmosphere. Drinking and smoking around and IN the pool was allowed and common. One group of drinkers were so rude and inappropriate that security came to the pool, then the police arrived. We never returned to the pool. The beach was OK and to be expected at a large property in the area. Certainly could have been cleaner on the beach and at the pool area. It is very close to shops and food outlets. Easy drive to Destin area and beyond. Only parts of the property have wireless internet so be prepare. The only data hookup is in the kitchen.

2  Thank clrlar
Reviewed August 10, 2009

All in all, this was a wonderful stay. If you have small children, this is the resort to stay at. The different pools and the children's activities made for a great trip for my 8 year old. My wife and I loved the lazy river and the beautiful beach area. Our particular unit, however, desperately needs a makeover. The carpet just looked nasty. The sofa and loveseat were horribly uncomfortable and the master bed has a ridiculous dip in the middle causing you and your partner to practically be on top of one another. The entire unit is painted white and only a few tacky pictures are hanging on the walls. All this to say, it certainly appears that all of the owner's money went to the purchase of the unit and very little was left over for decor. Now, I totally understand not wanting to put the finest of anything in a rental unit, but if you're asking someone to pay what they ask you to pay, you rightfully expect more. I would absolutely stay at Waterscape again, but definitely not in this unit.

The only complaint I have with the resort itself lies in the understaffed pool area. They have one lifeguard positioned on a bridge over the lazy river that is next to the beach access. I have a feeling this is more to monitor who comes and goes from the beach than it is for saftey. They totally ignore the biggest pool where they have a lily pad crossing with a net above so kids can cross the pads. There is no resort supervision of this. Ideally, parents would police their own children. But, as we found out, this is unfortunately not the case very often. It was just unsafe as you had young boys causing all kinds of problems for other children trying to cross the pads. After calling down other people's children, I just told my daughter to enjoy the other parts of the pool area and avoid that particular attraction.

This was just a small irritation in an otherwise wonderful stay at a beautiful resort.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Rob J
Reviewed August 9, 2009

My family of 10 went to Waterscape the first week of August 2009. Waterscape Complex was awesome.Great beach access with activties for kids. Location was great.Resort Quest staff friendly and met our needs.They had a location were you could take pictures with the beach in the background,which we used and so did many families there. Our complaint was we had a 3 bedroom condo unit B202.Beds were terrible.We all woke up every morning with aches and pains.Bad Bad beds.The dining area under the kitchen table had no light.There was the electrical wiring with a cover on it,but no light fixture. We wanted to play Yahtzee one night and could not see. I told the desk we did not have a light blub in the living room lamp. A maintenance man came to fix it. When he pulled out the table the leg fell off and he said that is what you get with plywood.They had 2 cracked glasses in the cabinet which only left 3 large glasses to use. Plenty of small glasses. the carpet in one bedrom was all pulled away from the entrance to the bath. Carpet also in livinfg room was torn and worn badly. To massive of furniture in living room and kitchen. You could hardly walk around kitchen table and pull out chairs to sit. One kitchen chair leg came loose and by this time I was tired of telling the desk about things that were unacceptable. We were planning on booking next years trip before we left, but not now. What you pay for a week condo rental I except a comfortable bed and a kitchen table with a light over it. I feel this ownerwent the cheapest way to furnish this condo. Bad choice,because they just lost a repeat customer because we loved the location of this condo.Overall we had great time. Anyone need anymore info my e-mail is portajohn172@sbcglobal.net. We are planning on going back to Waterscape next year - just a different condo unit.

3  Thank Portajohn