If you have children and are looking for a great location for a nice family vacation that includes lots of time at the beach or swimming, this is the place. We found everything to be very, very nice. We were a group of six. 4 audlts and two small children. We opted for a 2 bedroom. There were two full bathrooms complete with walk-in showers, double vanaties, and lots of room. There was also a half bath. And a nice little nook with two bunk beds for the kids. The kitchen was fully outfitted and the washer and dryer came in very handy. The living room and dining area were also perfect. The unit was nicely decorated.
We were a little concerned aboout some of the negative reviews we read here on TripAdvisor. We did not observe any of the issues that were mentioned. Everything was exactly as presented on the website (Hotels.com) and exactly what we expected. This is a place that gets a lot of wear and tear. And from what I can tell, they do a pretty good job keeping it in good condition.
I was also concerned about "the rules." Yes, there are rules, but once you've taken time to read them (regarding the pool), they make perfect sense. I think that it's those that just have trouble with rules in general that had a problem. For example, if you think you can come down at 8 a.m. and put your towels on chairs and then disappear for several more hours, your wrong. The Pool Police do keep an eye out for people reserving chairs. If you do want to get a good spot, you do need to go down early and stake you claim....and stay with it. And I really appreciate that they do not allow smoking at the pool. This was very nice. Only one day were we a little bothered by the fellow guests who brought their own radio and played it loudly right by us. But the vast majority of the time was very pleasant. Also, be advised, the pools are very crowded. But there are three pools and a lazy river, so the crowds seems to fit in fine. Also, be advised there is not a lot of shade. You're only hope here is to sit beneath some palm trees to get a little bit of shade.
Some helpful tips.
- When we come again, we are bringing two larger non-stick frying pans. The small stainless steel pans provided were too easily burned. We didn't actually fry anything....but we did use them for heating just about everything.
- Bring coat hangers. There aren't any.
- If you are driving and have room, bring pillows.
- We bought all the provisions we needed at a nearby Publix grocery store. It was a little more expensive that most places, but it was close.
- Don't forget some basic spices if you plan to cook anything.
- You get just an initial set up of toilet paper, paper towels, etc. So you will need to buy some of these items.
- We used paper plates and napkins for every meal. Sure makes clean-up easier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterscape Condominiums, professionally managed by Wyndham Vacation Rentals, are located on beautiful Okaloosa Island, which is infamous for its emerald green waters and white sandy beaches. Waterscape was constructed as a U-shaped property to house the "heartbeat" of the facility; the tropical oasis and pools. Waterscape has a two tiered pool deck separated by a 10 foot waterfall. The lower pool deck includes a large zero entry pool with spray toys and lily pads for the young at heart. The resort's lower pool deck features a long lazy river for you to float down on resort inner tubes. The upper deck houses a seasonally heated pool. There is a children's splash area on the upper pool deck that features toys for toddlers and a covered play area for maximum sun protection. There are two hot tubs located in the tropical oasis for your relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Waterscape Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waterscape Condominiums Hotel Fort Walton Beach